Chapter Fifteen

What happened !??!?  My calm collective thinking going straight out the window the moment Oliver looked away from his computer screen.   He pushes his chair out from his desk and gets up moving towards me to take me into his arms to try and console me but I feel anger rising up. I put my hand up  and I look away trying to compose all these feelings bubbling inside of me.  I breath in heavily biting my tongue knowing that it wasn't his fault that she got hurt but the knowing that he kept her critical condition a secret from me is making it hard for me not to completely destroy him. I know he is my husband and I love him very much but he knows how much Sophie means to me. I've never hid those feelings from him but I know he is still hold onto the past a past when we had our little girl. Oliver and I had always been in the caregiver life style it was amazing not only meeting all the friendly people and cute littles but it really helped me when I found out I couldn't have children of my own.  We were blessed with a little whom we thought was a blessing someone that we could take in and care for for the rest of our lives. Giving her all the love we could give but it didn't end well.  After we ended things with her I stayed away from the lifestyle and put up so many guards to prevent the hurt from happening again. It  wasn't until I met Sophie that my motherly urges started going full force it was like nothing I ever felt. It was a totally different feeling then I had with Meghan our previous little. With Meghan I just went along with things she wanted and tried my best to want to be that mommy figure to her but with Sophie it's like I need to be that to her my body aches for it.

   We had our previous little for over a year until I started noticing things happening. Little things at first like windows being opened in rooms that weren't being used. Things around the house being moved or disappearing. We had asked her to move in 6 months into
The relationship thinking it would be  great to have her home with us and to be able to live the lifestyle everyday. It was about 6 months into her new living arrangements that we noticed the stealing and lying . We tried to look past it but it only got worse in time it started to not only push me away from Meghan but it caused a rife between Oliver and I.  Once we snapped out of this "honeymoon" faze with Meghan we finally took action in ending the relationship. Since then I had been avoiding the lifestyle trying to focus on other things but up until 3 years ago it's been hard to stay away. I've dropped little hints to Oliver about her but he just doesn't seem interested he's still caught up on Meghan because she was our first.

  How could you keep this a secret from me Oliver I don't care is she had just come in for a scraped knee ! You should have called me as soon as you seen her face on the gurney!  I said in a harsh tone seeing him look away so's not to make eye contact. 

Look Dani I just was thinking of you I didn't want you to see her like that. Then I started to feel guil.... 

I'm sorry what ?? Starting to feel what ? I questioned him quickly.

Guilty. He replied back softly as he held his head down in shame. I was I dunno jealous it's just been us for so long and I don't  know what came over me.  I'm truly sorry.  He reached for my hand I want to pull away but I don't. I could see the truth in his eyes and I can see that he is truly sorry.

She means so much to me Oliver .. I can't explain it. It's different then how it was with Meghan. When you called me and to tell me she was hurt it just .. I.. my heart broke in a million pieces with worry.  I could feel the tears welling up and started to clear my throat. I need to see her please take me to her.

Oliver nodded and smiled sadly. I want you to be prepared honey it's not good. She has a a broken leg. Broken fingers and nose. She had a dislocated jaw and shoulder. There is a lot of swelling to her face and she is basically one big bruise. She was on a ventilator because her breathing has been a bit of an issue but it's doing better now. We had to sedate her earlier because she surprisingly after all her injuries woke up and tried to leave the hospital .

I gasped when I head of all her injuries. More tears falling as I listened. I felt myself being pulled into Oliver's arms as he hugged me tight. I am with you for what ever you choose I see now that I should have been embracing the mother she brings it in you and not  thinking it was a threat.. I'm sorry baby I'm so sorry. Let's get you in to see her. We will figure out the rest later. He whispered in my ear. He then pulled back and walked towards her room. I took a deep breath and opened the door to her room  I seen the small frail body of the little girl who stole my heart with just a small smile. I walked to her bed and just couldn't stop the tears from falling. Hi baby girl. I whispered. I looked towards Oliver who had quietly told me he had to go check on another patient but would be back soon. I Nodded and the proceeded to pull a chair up close go Sophie's bed I then took her non casted hand and just held it giving it small kisses. It will be all ok baby M..I..  I took a breath. Mommy is gonna make it all better I promise. 

2 hours later ......

I had just finished getting off the phone with my boss telling him of the situation.. well kinda .. it was more like I told him I had a family emergency that would take a few months to clear up.. thankfully I was able to get the time off. I was just about to walk back towards Sophie's bed when I hear her heart monitor start to beep out of control. I rush towards her bed quickly to see her eyes open with a look of panic.  I drop my phone  and rush to her side as I see her start thrashing around in a panic. I start to scream for the nurses and Oliver to come in quick.

I try the only thing I could think of and start gently whispering in her ear telling her it was all right and that I was there
Shhh baby it's ok shhhh I'm here"  .... it's ok your safe baby I have you it's ok I promise." I could feel her start to calm down almost instantly .. as if my voice was soothing for her .

(As always this is not proofread ) I hope you all enjoy ;)