Chapter Thirty

"Danielle I'm going to go get some  lunch what do want? " I could hear Oliver yell from the hallway. We had just finished on the ... changing table I suffered a little. I felt uneasy but promised to try it so I guess I'm stuck and with how my body is I guess its easier this way.

I watched as Danielle ignored his calling from the hallway. And smiled at me I felt her fingers tickle my tummy again causing me to giggle a little. We had moved to sitting on the floor she had put a white onesie thing on me with something on it, I hadn't had a chance to look at it yet. I had pretty much been silent minus the giggles every now and then. I think I just really didn't know what to say I was totally out of my element but a part of me was definitely enjoying the attention.

"Danielle ? Didn't you hear me calling for you??"Oliver walked into the room huffy and puffy.

Without missing a beat she quickly and darkly looked up at him and stood up from her seating position on the floor.  She took a deep breath and said something I could barely make out. I don't know what it was but all I could see was Oliver nodding and apologizing while his head was down. 

I watched as Danielle bent down with her arms out picking me up off the floor and putting me on her hip. "What should we have her baby girrrl?? Hmm what does our tummies feel hungry for? " she said while poking my belly again I giggle out with a small shrug. I look at Danielle and could see she was deciding on what she would want  she told him our order and I watched as Oliver walked out of the room. He was a quiet man and really didn't talk much.  Danielle and I followed him out of the room and walked towards the grand staircase. I had never seen a home this big and it kinda made me nervous. I wonder if all doctors and teachers live like this. We reached the kitchen and we continued to walking towards the tv room that was adjacent to it. She sat me down on the couch and put some cartoons on for me. I looked at what she had decided and could see it was Arthur, she sat down next to me and pulled me into a snuggle I could feel her nose and lips press up against my temple her warm breath up against my face. "Im so happy you are here baby girl, you have no idea how worried I use to get. I will keep you protected forever." She kissed my temple again.

"Thank you for t..taking m..me in Danielle". I whispered back shyly.

"Of course sweetie. Now I know I got a little excited earlier and now that Oliver is out I think we should have a little more of a talk ok? And maybe get some rules down. How does that sound ?"

I nodded and waited for her to continue.

"Ok baby I realize that this is new for you and giving you a specific age just isn't realistic. So I want you and I to enjoy our time together and get comfortable ok sweetheart."I feel her hand caress my face. " And please from now on to get use to the idea of getting into the headspace I would like you to call me Mommy okay baby girl ?
I think once you get use to the idea it will help you. This will help de stress and get your mind off your tough life. I took time off work while you heal and we will try and get your schooling done from home then once we finish all that then we can focus more time in your healing. We can focus more time and I want to give you the Mommy you deserve Sophie. Is that ok baby girl. ?"

She gave me hopeful eyes. This conversation was completely different then the one I had earlier with Danielle. It made me understand more and much more comfortable. I could see she was trying hard and maybe just having Oliver around made it harder for her to communicate the way she wanted to. I but my lip and nodded. "Use your words sweetie" she said in a soft tone.

"Y..yes m..mommy. I whispered the last part out. I .. wa..want .. your l..love.. a..nd ..protection.."

I could feel tears release from my eyes. I this all felt so fast I mean I just got home from the hospital .. no not home?? Wait was this my home now ??? I had no idea. I internally fought with my self that I didn't even realize I was bawling my eyes out. I could feel my self being picked up and held.

"Shh sweetie I know it's ok baby girl it's ok. Just cry it out. Mommy is here .. you are safe with mommy always." I could feel her hold me tightly and start to rock me. I had so many things going through my mind. And she was the major part of the reason. She had taken care of me for the few weeks she hasn't left my side .. and now she wanted to take care of me and be the one person I wish I had. A Mommy.

"W..why m..me?"I said through my tears.

"Oh Sophie you had my heart from the moment I see you. I knew that you were hurting and you just pulled something out of me that I didn't know I had in the first place. Something I always wanted. I tried my hardest to keep it in but I can't any more baby girl. You need a mommy and I need a baby and I think if you open your heart enough to let me in I think we could make this work good." She kisses my forehead and snuggles me tightly.

3rd person POV

Pulling out a pacifier from her pocket Danielle gently puts it in the crying girls mouth and continues to soothe and rock her. This is what mommy's do and she was so happy to be having this moment. She was making progress and she thought to herself about all the changes that will be happening soon. She smiled to herself as she kissed her little girls forehead.