Chapter Nineteen

Danielle's POV

I walked out of Sophie's room and toward Oliver noticing a dark haired woman wearing a business type attire next to him. 

Ah here she is. Oliver said while pointing towards my direction.

Danielle this is Leah Moreau .. Leah this is my wife Danielle. He spoke again.

I can speak for myself Oliver. I rolled my eyes a little as I introduced my self again while shaking her hand.

So I assume this is about Sophie. Correct ?

Leah nods softly. Your husband contacted my office to inquire about getting temporary custody until we can find her a spot in a group home.

So as per protocol  I had to come and check in and do the necessary paper work.  Thankfully we do actually have a file on Sophie  Mil.. excuse me  what!?!  I quickly cut in. What do you mean you have a file on her ?

Well she has been removed from the family 4 times previously.  Leah looked at me confused for a moment. You didn't know I assume?

If I did do you think I would be asking the question Ms. Moreau ?  How is it that this young girl can be taken from her "parents" four different times yet no one has check to see if she's actually safe?

Well we are very busy Mrs.Davis it's sad and unfortunate but it does happen. I personally was just put on her case last month after my colleague .. her previous case worker retired. I'm still trying to catch up. Leah replied in a defensive tone.

Ladies please calm down we are in a hospital. Oliver said nervously while eyeing me up carefully.

I look towards Sophie's hospital door and breathed in and out then look back towards Leah. So where do we go from here Miss. Moreau? Her parents were here earlier making a scene and terrifying the poor girl.

Firstly I would like to apologize for coming off as I don't care for her well being but at the moment she isn't my only case that hasn't been touched in years. Your husband as well as the hospital has given me the video evidence of her parents. So there is a court order being processed to remove her from their custody. Fortunately because she needs hospital attention she is able to stay here instead of being put back into the house until the court order is ready.
Unfortunately she is turning 18 soon so there isn't much time to find her a home to take her in permanently to take care of her.

I quickly cut in again. My husband and I are more then willing to take Sophie into our home and under our care until she is emotionally and physically ready Ms.Moreau.  I thought he mentioned this and that was the reason why you had come here. I stare at questioning if he actually did what he said

He did Mrs Davis but it doesn't work like that. You and your husband are only foster parents. Yes you will be able to adopt her if it comes to that but the process is very long and by the time you are eligible to she will be 18 years of age. For the time being I will be able to sign off on making you and Oliver her temporary guardians. Of course we want children with families so we will check in regularly and if we see everything is working out we can proceed with taking away the temporary part.  With that she proceeds to pull out a file from her briefcase and pulls out paper work for temporary guardianship.  These are the papers you will need to sign to have her under your care. Once the court date is set up to completely remove Mr and Mrs Mills parental rights I will contact you. Until then I will check up once she is out of the hospital. I know your husband said she is under a lot of medication at the moment so I'll just take the copies of her medical files back to my office and contact you later this week to check on how everything is going. 

Handing over the paper work for us to sign we quickly did. She took her copies and gave us ours

I will send the necessary paperwork to your lawyer as requested by your husband Mrs Davis. She then proceeded to walk away after a final goodbye.

Oliver sighs in relief that the conversation is over. I told you I had is covered baby. He grinned. I know your stressed but please trust me ok we will have our little girl soon but Danielle you have to make sure that Sophie will be ok with being our little one because if not we will have to find her another famil....She will be fine Oliver! I cut in. You haven't spent anytime with her to know so don't even start. Thank you for setting up the arrangements. I kiss his cheek and head back towards Sophie's room.

Oliver's POV

Oliver stands there and sighs watching his wife enter the hospital room of his now foster daughter.  He still held a lot of mixed feelings about the girl.  He knew how much his wife wanted this and was going to stay guarded until he learned more about the girl.  Plus who knew how she would react being treated like a baby. He walked towards the next nurses station to get patients files for their rounds.

Danielle's POV

I quietly enter the room and see Sophia fast asleep with my sweater to her face. I giggled a little seeing her hand inside the sweater already knowing what I would see if I moved it. I thought to myself and and grinned a little. I walked over towards my purse and grabbed it. I pecked her forehead and made my way out of the room quickly. I rushed off downstairs toward the parking lot where my SUV was. I quickly get in and start the drive towards my house.

15 minutes of driving and swearing under my breath about all the construction and horrible drivers in this damn city later.. I finally arrived to my house.

I unlock my door and immediately get pounced on by my not so little puppy rocinante. After loving him up I quickly rush up the stairs towards the room I've been secretly making for Sophie I walk into the room and go towards a box that I knew had pacifiers in it. I quickly grabbed two and went downstairs towards the kitchen and quickly disinfected both. I then went to the fridge and took out a couple bags I had prepared a few days earlier. I take a deep breath and and try to contain my nerves. I put the two pacifiers and the two bags into my large purse. I smile and bite my lip the walk towards the door saying goodbye to Rocinante I lock up then get to into my suv again and made my way back to the hospital to see my baby girl.