Chapter Two

Attention/Warning: Chapter 2 contains graphic descriptions of physical abuse and may be triggering. I will indicate where the abuse ends with a line of asterisks (***) for those who wish to skip ahead.

I suddenly feel the sensation of pain spreading across my face, then again in my abdomen. I find myself on the ground, disoriented amidst the screams and muffled noises. The physical pain consumes me, each blow leaving a mark on my body and soul. The metallic taste of blood fills my mouth, a haunting reminder of the brutality I endure.

*** 
The fist collides with my jaw, sending a sharp pain through my body. The crunch of a popped tooth echoes in my head, the metallic taste overwhelming. My hair is yanked, my attempts to shield myself futile. The relentless barrage of blows and vulgar words strip me of my strength and dignity. I lay curled in agony, the minutes stretching into eternity.

As the footsteps fade, I open my eyes to a haze of pain. My tooth lies in the distance, a stark symbol of the torment. I am trapped in my personal hell, questioning my worth and existence. The video on abuse shown by Mrs. Davis unveils the reality of my suffering, a stark contrast to the ignorance of my peers.

The pain is excruciating, the silence deafening as I lay motionless. The approaching footsteps signal the return of my abusers, a wave of fear washing over me. I feign sleep, hoping to evade further torment, but their presence looms ominously. The cruelty and indifference in their words cut deeper than any physical blow.

*** 
I struggle to lift myself, the pain a constant reminder of my reality. A cough wracks my body, and darkness descends. When I awaken, the daylight reveals a scene of despair. Dried blood stains the floor, bruises and wounds mar my body. I tend to my injuries, the stinging of peroxide a painful but necessary ritual.

Dressed in a facade of normalcy, I prepare for school, masking the bruises with makeup. Each movement is a reminder of the agony endured. Despite the physical and emotional toll, I make my way to school, seeking solace in the familiar routine and the presence of Mrs. Davis.

The walk to school is a mix of pain and determination, the music in my ears a fleeting escape. Mrs. Davis's class beckons, a glimmer of hope in a world of darkness. Her compassionate gaze and understanding smile offer a brief reprieve from the harsh reality of my life.

As I enter the school, a sense of longing and vulnerability lingers within me. Mrs. Davis's class awaits, a sanctuary amidst the chaos. I cling to her kindness, a beacon of light in the shadows of my existence. Despite the pain and scars, I find solace in the fleeting moments of connection and understanding she provides.