They glanced at one another, a smirk on their lips. Erza looked back at the woman on the children's desk, looking at them confusingly.
"Yes please, if you don't mind."

Lucy quickly held up her hands, shaking them side to side as pink dusted her cheeks, them not knowing it was out of humiliation. "No no! I don't mind at all, you can stay here for as long as you like!" She exclaimed, but mentally threw herself off of a cliff at her unprofessional behavior. The topic of "A group of Best Friends you've known for a long time and are practically family and you trust with your life" was an extremely delicate topic for her, especially when she was an outsider in the group, when she felt as if she was forcefully shoved into the area. She never knew why. Maybe because she'd never had the luxury to have something like that before, or maybe because she thought she had something like that a long time ago, and it made her remember those times, the times when she was just a naive teenager thinking her life was like the stories she had read while growing up, like she was the main character of her own story, like she was special.

That was why she enjoyed being alone, because she couldn't deal with people in general, but this was her job. She wasn't here to be all sunshine and sparkles and make friends. What her boss did was his business, and she will mind her own, except if it had to do with her job, then it was her business.

Without her noticing, the two had made their way to the couches at the front side of Natsu's desk. They were staring at Lucy, concerned when they saw her eyes devoid of both emotion and light as she seemingly stared at the ground into space.

"So, Lucy, how was your time with Natsu going so far?" Erza had asked, causing Lucy to jump back into reality, the brightness of her eyes returning.

"Huh... Oh! Well... let's just say, it's going decent, I haven't hung myself yet, that's for sure."
Gray cackled while Erza rolled her eyes at Lucy's words, Lucy smiling.

"Say, how did you know Gray was talking about Natsu?" Erza asked Lucy, who had turned around to continue her work, looking back at them. "Oh, I've heard a bit about you guys." She smiled and returned to her work.

"Wait a minute, the idiot talks about us??" She heard Gray asked, following a loud smack and an "Ow!" Indicating Erza had smacked him for his crude behavior. Lucy chuckled.

"You could say that." She stated simply.
"I must ask, is this the first time Natsu has come to work late?" Erza asked, causing Lucy to look back at the two, remembering Levy's words when she talked about how Natsu never came to work late. She smiled.

"Nope." She said in a toothy grin, causing them to look even more confused than before. If he was late, that meant Lucy had to do even more work before he had even arrived, and Lucy knew that, but just knowing he was taking it easy because he trusted her was all the energy she needed for a whole weeks worth of work.

Before they could say anything else, the door bursted open to reveal Natsu, looking like he had a couple hours of sleep. His suit was on sloppily and his hair was a bit messy, and his eyes were half lidded and droopy, but widened when he saw Erza and Gray in his office.

Gray stood up and walked to Natsu, doing the usual hand grab and hug handshake that most guys did to their friends. Lucy was surprised to see Natsu wasn't pulling Gray's hair because he touched him, since Natsu didn't like people touching him.
"Sup asshole." Natsu grinned.
"Sup douchebag." Replied Gray.

"Children." Erza scoffed at the idiots in front of her, but smiled.

They greeted one another, Lucy quickly turning away when Natsu turned his head to Lucy.
(AND THEN HE WENT UP TO HER AND KISSED HER ON THE CHEEK AND SAID "LAST NIGHT WAS AMAZING. I LOVE YOU WEIRDO" WHILE GRAY AND ERZA WATCHED THEM GIGGLE AND BE ALL LOVEY DOVEY) (no, that didn't happen, now back to the actual story.)