-Chapter 5-

————————————————————————
"What?!" Natsu asked, shocked by what he was hearing from his older brother's mouth.
Zeref had just smiled in response.
"Shall I repeat myself?" He replied, but Natsu just gulped, hoping he just miss-heard him.

"I came to discuss the matters for our corporation with you, but you have been constantly working by yourself and things never get done efficiently and effectively on time. I have sent so many secretaries to be by your side and help you organize everything, but you either sit them down and never let them do anything, or overwork them until they, finally, quit, for both reasons. I know you, and I know why you do this, but that is not a valid excuse." Zeref paused, sighing, his arms folded while he sat on his comfy chair in his office.

"There must be a solution to this, and thus, that is why I called you.
I have witnessed the times you and an employee that works under my side have encountered. Every time, I see a side of you I never expected to see since you only showed that side to the people you closely knew.
Lucy Lobster." Zeref looked into the eyes of his younger brother, who had a face that read "I'm so fucking done."

"I looked into her background. It seems she lives with the lobsters, of course, they are not related by blood." This caused Natsu to look up, a brow raised.

"The first time you encountered her, she stopped you, since she had been suspicious of you. Surprisingly, you stopped. Normally, you would have continued going without even looking back. Then the second time, where you bumped into her. I was shocked when you did not lash out at her for bumping into you, but you, instead, let her lash out at you, and even helped pick her papers up without a single fuss. That, and the third and last time.
I did not see the whole story, but I did see you catch her. You helped her, with actual emotion in your eyes, Natsu. Either you have known her from before, or it is something else entirely." Zeref finished, unfolding his arms before placing them on the arms of the chair, awaiting his brother's response.

Inhaling, Natsu began.
"I've never met her before." He began, looking up at his brother's face.
"I'm not sure why I'm like this with her, but... I guess I was just being a gentleman?" He asked, shrugging. But Zeref was not having any of that

"Natsu." Was the only thing Zeref said, and Natsu placed a palm on the back of his neck, rubbing it as he sighed.

"Fine... I'm not sure why. I have no clue why actually. But it has something to do with her eyes?? I have no fuc- freaking clue." He answered, saving himself from a glare that would have come from his brother if he had cursed.

"But what did you mean when you said she isn't related to the lobsters, is she adopted or something?" He asked, genuinely curious, making Zeref smile seeing something new that came from his brother's behavior.

"You're curious?" He asked, and Natsu's eyes widened. He quickly turned his head away, a sweat forming on his cheek.

"Fine, don't tell me." He finally finished, getting ready to get up to finally leave the room.

"Wait." Zeref said, causing Natsu to furrow his brows.
"I'm really getting tired of people stopping me." He replied.

Zeref stood from his chair, stepping to his desk to one of the drawers. Sliding it open, he lifts a yellow folder up into Natsu's field of vision.
His brother tossed the folder, Natsu catching it effortlessly. He looked down at the folder, his brow raised.

"That is the file on Lucy Lobster. Her background information is in there. I did the research myself." Zeref smiled. "She is extraordinary at her work, and is able to complete it before the time it is due, every time, even when the work is higher then her status. I will give her a promotion. A high promotion. To a secretary. Your secretary. Please, at least try to give her a chance." Zeref said, his voice filled to the brim with the emotion of worry for his younger brother. Natsu sighed, turning around, folder in hand.

"I will give her whatever work I give her. If she does it right, then fine by me. If she doesn't reach my expectations, don't send anymore people to become my secretaries, I'm getting tired of it." Natsu said, and Zeref smiled.

Without another word, Natsu led himself to the door. Opening it and let himself out, closing the door behind him, leaving a satisfied Zeref.
————————————————————————
CHAPTER 5 END