-Chapter 8-

————————————————————————
A few days had past, and she was finally done with setting everything in place. She had put pictures and books on the shelves of the apartment. There was already a desk, which was convenient when it came to her work.

Once she was done, she still had about 3 days until she started her first day of work... as a secretary.
Who's secretary, Lucy wasn't sure. It wasn't said in the papers, and she knew she couldn't just agree to the contract so quick and easily. That was also said in the papers in the mail. It said that she would be working for a month under her new boss. If she was comfortable, she was to sign the contract to officially work under the person. If she wasn't... well...
She seemed like she had no choice. Either she agreed to this or she would be fired, it would seem. Which didn't make any sense at all.

She had so many questions. Like, for example, what if, after the month, she wasn't comfortable? Would she be fired or would she be placed back in the position she worked in before.

She knew she had to ask that... when the time came. For now, she laid in her comfortable bed, eyelids heavy. Before she knew it, the world went dark.
________________________________

Lucy sighed. Today was her first day. She had taken a nice warm shower, which seemed to brighten her mood more. She was excited, but nervous. She kept wondering who this person is exactly. The salary was immense for just one month, so Lucy assumed this person must be on a huge level in the business.

Her black heels clacked onto the surface of the cement sidewalk of the rowdy morning street. Her week was mainly based on her getting use to her new surroundings, so that was just what she did, venturing out of the apartment in the streets. She mentally memorized every step she took in every street, not wanting to be lost when the time was right to go back home. She was able to find the Magnolia shopping center, as well as the Magnolia public park. She also found the building Lucy was to work at while she had been wandering the city, which was the place she was heading to right now.

She had gotten a new uniform, not that different from her old outfit. She wore a tight skirt that was a few centimeters longer then the previous one she wore, the same white color, with black upper thigh high stockings and black stiletto heels. She had the same black turtle neck but a long white trench coat. Usually she wore a blazer, but it was around November, so the usual temperature had gotten colder.

She had her big black purse that was hung over her shoulder while she walked to the main office building. Now that she thought about it, this building wasn't owned by Zeref, but his brother. The pink haired douchebag that she had grown to dislike, but knew he had a some-what soft side to him. Well... as soft as it could get in some cases. He did help her in the elevator, which led her to wonder if she had thanked him yet.

Once she spotted a tall business building with many glass windows, she smiled. The entrance was fancy, just like the entrance to her previous work location. She walked in, her heels clacking onto the white tile floor.

The first floor was quite similar to the previous in Hargeon, but different if you squinted hard. There were different people who worked here, and unlike the last area, this place was filled with very lively looking people, which she didn't expect to see when a grumpy ass douche owns the place.

Walking to the big desk in the center, a woman with long, open, orange-brown hair was there, sitting patiently and professionally in her spot behind the counter. Lucy smiled nervously, not knowing what to do, but then mentally sighed to calm herself.

"Excuse me, my name is Lucy Lobster, I have come here from Zeref Dragneel's institute in Hargeon?" Lucy started, gulping.

The moment Lucy said her name, the woman's eyes lid up. Smiling, she bowed respectfully, which threw Lucy off gaurd.
"Oh! Welcome Miss Lucy Lobster, I was awaiting your arrival." She said, seemingly trying to keep herself calm, but the excitement in her voice had made Lucy smile.