-Chapter 4-

————————————————————————
Another 2 days, and she bumped into him again, not quite literally this time.
This time, they were using the elevator, together, alone.

Which was quite awkward, on both their sides.
While they were in that particularly awkward situation, she accidentally glanced at the pink-haired man, and noticed he had a sick expression. His brows were furrowed and his face was quite sweaty. Lucy shook it off though, finding it odd that she was fascinated. She also found it odd that she wanted to see his sharp eyes again, and that she felt disappointed when she noticed he had his eyes closed. Of course, she threw that thought and feeling out of the window as fast as it came.

As they wanted desperately to get out of the elevator, to run away from this awkward atmosphere, and as far as Lucy's luck could reach, the elevator stopped mid-way.

The elevator broke down, trapping the 2 people in an awkward situation by themselves.
Lucy quickly ran to the emergency call button, pressing it and yelling into the few dots on the wall.

"Excuse me! We're stuck! Please get some help immediately!" Lucy yelled, and Natsu stood there, quite amused at her actions.

Flipping her head at the man in annoyance, she scowled."And what are you so giddy about?" Lucy asked with a huff, and Natsu chuckled.
"There's no use panicking, so we might as well wait for someone to come help us." He shrugged, and Lucy's eyes softened.
"You... you're not wrong..." she muttered, sighing.

Walking to the wall, she mimicked Natsu's actions and leaned her back against it, rubbing circles on her arm to soothe herself as Natsu watched her from the corner of his eyes.
Grunting, he crouched down in a sitting position on the floor as they both waited for something to happen.

"Why is it always me...?" Lucy muttered frustratingly, causing Natsu to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Huh?? Don't you know I'm here too?? I'm supposed to be as freaked out as you are right now, but I'm not making a big deal out of this." He sighed, grabbing the back of his neck with both of his hands, making it into a cushion for his neck.

"That's exactly what I mean, why did I have to get stuck with you of all people?"
"What's so wrong about me??"
"Everything. I just don't like you."
They both sighed, certainly not wanting to deal with the other.

As they continued to wait, Lucy walked over to the emergency call button, clearly having had enough, she pressed it over and over, a vein popping.

"Get this shit moving already!!!" Lucy yelled.
Natsu snorted in the back at her agitated expression and her use of words. Lucy flipped her head to him again, her face one step away from blowing up.

She placed her hands on the side of her heads and started to pace around in a circle.

"Oh god. What do I do, I've got work, there must be so much work piling up right now, oh my god I'm so fired. Why am I the unlucky one?? Why the hell isn't anyone coming yet, how do I get out. Oh god I'm so screwed."
She kept muttering in panic.

Natsu, on the other hand, glanced around the inside of the elevator room, ignoring her little rant and panic attack.

It was spacious, and had bars on the wall for anyone to hold onto, but as he brought his head up to the ceiling, he saw an emergency door.

Smirking, he stood up as Lucy continued to mutter and walk around.
If he stepped on the bar, it could lift him up to the emergency trap door, so he did.

Lucy then noticed what he was doing, and brought her head up to where he was heading.
Once she saw the emergency trap door, her face lit up.

"Oh my god that's right..." Lucy muttered, which in turn made Natsu raise a brow at her.
"Wow, I'm so glad you noticed, what a genius you are." Natsu complimented sarcastically, earning a glare from the blond lady.