-Prologue-

————————————————————————
"Mom?" The young girl called out to her mother, who was sitting on the sofa near the lit fireplace while the girl sat on the floor. The woman had been knitting while the girl read one of her favorite books that covered information on love.
"Yes buttercup?" The woman replied sweetly, causing the little girl to look up at her from her book in question.

"What is love?" The girl asked, and the woman smiled in reply. "I mean, this book is really weird on explanations. It says that the person you love is your weakness too, and that love can be either really weak or really strong. It also said that sometimes love doesn't work out, and sometimes love can make you feel broken in the end. But, isn't love a good thing to feel?"
She asked, tilting her head as confusion was evident her small face, her big dough eyes sparkling with curiosity.

The woman placed the knitting objects on the arm of the sofa, pulling her arms up in front of her all the way stretched as she signaled her beloved daughter to come give her a hug.
The girl, grinning like the child she was, placed the book down. She stood up from the wooden floor and lunged her body at the woman, fits of giggles was heard echoing through the big living room.

"Buttercup..." The woman said as she brushed the golden locks from the little girl's face.
"Love is many things. It all depends on the person." She started to say.
"For example, the love I have for you is infinite, because you are my loving daughter, no?"
That made the little girl grin, nodding.
"That is the love between a mother and their child. There is a love between friends. Love between family, and love between a man and a woman." She said, chuckling.
"When it says that your love is your weakness, it is not wrong.
If you get taken from me by bad people, I will certainly be sad, yes?" She smiled, and the little girl gasped.
"I'm going to get taken away by bad people?!" She asked in horror.
The woman chuckled, shaking her head.
"That was only an example, child.
Remember your little sister, Michelle?" She asked. "She is like a sister to you, and you love her dearly. That is the love between family. Then there are friends. I'm sure you already know about that, don't you?" They both laughed.
"If Michelle were to get hurt, would you not get sad?" The woman asked.
The girl nodded her head in agreement.
"That is what it means when it says your love can be your strength, but also your weakness.
Say, what if Michelle were to say she did not want to be your little sister anymore, what would you do then?" The woman asked, and the girl's eyes widened, gasping.
"I'd be torn!" The girl shouted, and the woman smiled.
"Of course. Do you understand now?" The woman asked, but the girl looked down in thought.
"What about the love between a man and a woman?" She asked, and the woman chuckled.
"When you get older, you will find out by yourself. That love all depends on chance little one." She said. "It all depends on Fortuity"

The girl smiled.
"Well, for now I don't care about anyone else but you!" The little girl giggled, hugging her mother.
The woman's eyes widened, and she smiled, hugging the little girl back.
If the little girl was observant, if she had stopped to look into her mother's eyes, she would have seen a sorrowful expression.
She would have also seen the small tear forming in the corner of her eyes, as she held tightly onto her beloved daughter.
————————————————————————
PROLOGUE END