-Chapter 15-

Thanks for the votes!! :,3 I was slowly starting to slip away from this story, but you really motivated me to keep going!! Thanks a bunch!!✨✨
————————————————————————

The next day, Lucy was the first to arrive, while, of course, her boss was late. She knew he was going to come in about half an hour, so before she arrived at the 50th floor, she stopped by the usual floor she gets her boss's coffee from before hand, and heads her way to her boss's office, obviously knowing her boss's favorite coffee flavor from the amounts of times she had to get that particular flavor for him.

That night, after she had closed the door of her apartment behind her, she repeatedly slammed her head to the wall at how stupid and over dramatic she was, regretting everything she said as it felt like she made a huge deal on something so small.

For some reason, she felt somewhat giddy that morning. She felt like she could do work for a thousand workers and be fine. She had assumed she would feel terrible because of the night before, but she didn't, the opposite actually. Once she arrived at the office, she looked through files to see if anything needed to be in proper areas. She found a few, and placed them in their respective places. She swept through the files, until she reached her boss's desk.

Humming the same tune she had hummed when her and her boss first met, she softly stacked all the papers that were unevenly scattered all over the desk, placing them to the side, fixing, cleaning and organizing everything on her boss's desk for him to see once he arrived.

She wondered if she should organize his drawers too, but decided against it, since it might have personal items of his.

Going to her desk, she sat down and went through her computer to start working on Natsu's schedule, so she did, only for about a half an hour until she heard the door open behind her.

Excitedly, she turned her head with a bright smile she didn't realize she had worn, until it dropped when she saw Erza and Gray looking at her.

"Yo." Gray said, holding up a hand as it was his way of saying hi.
"Good morning" Erza said maturely and politely, and Lucy bowed her head while still sitting. "Hello, and Good morning to you too." She said. She recalled the day when she interrupted the 3 as they were having fun, and before she knew it, her glass wall was slowly forming.

But that same glass wall cracked when she remembered the words her boss had said to her, what Natsu had ordered her to do.

What you did just now. How you acted. It didn't suit you at all. You sounded fake and I don't like that.

Don't ever do that again.

She smiled, but not because of them.
They smiled back at her.

"Anyways, where's the flame brain?" He asked Lucy, Erza raising a brow at Gray, who's eyes widened in realization.

Before he could explain who he was talking about, Lucy interrupted him.

"He's not here yet. He'll come in a few minutes, until then, you may stay here and wait for him." She said, but regret made her smile drop. Why did she say something like that, them and her boss were extremely close, hell, childhood besties, and she, an outsider, just 'allowed' them to stay at his office. Who was she to do something like that.

Her mind was slowly drowning with her usual negative thoughts, that was, until she looked up at the two who's eyes were widened in shock.

Why? Well, not only did Lucy know that Gray was referring to Natsu when he said 'flame brain', but the fact that Natsu was late in it of itself was shocking to the two.