-Chapter 12-

————————————————————————
Natsu sighed, leaning his back onto his office chair.
"She's late." Natsu muttered, not believing she would do something like this.
(I can't believe you've done this- references 101)

Muttering a few curses, he placed his elbow on his desk, placing his chin on his palm.
"Tsk... how should I punish her when she comes back?" Natsu chuckled, imagining her and her agitated expression as she runs from one place to another, him finding it rather amusing then anything. If he had a penny for every time he was almost about to burst out laughing at his secretary and her expressions, he'd be Mr. Crabs at this point, not that he wasn't already, since he is one of the 2 CEO's of Dragneel Co., which is one of the best businesses in the continent. And obviously he  is rich. He forgets that sometimes, thankful he rarely shows his face or random people would start taking pictures of him and start shoving themselves in his personal space and privacy.

He wasn't the one to deal with the money, that was more of his brother's job. He never had a problem with money, but was never really interested in it to begin with. The only reason he was interested with it at all was because he needed money to eat, and he's got plenty of money to eat a whole country's worth of food if he wanted it, everything else could go suck on a log for all he cared.

Natsu sighed once again after a few more minutes. Of course, he had work, but he felt lazy at that moment. His secretary's absence was not helping his mood one bit. He had a feeling she was with Levy, since Lucy had been talking about her quite a lot recently. Maybe she was with Levy?? It was just an assumption, but he didn't know where else she would be. Maybe she's at the library and reading books like the nerd she is? Maybe...

He shook his head, glancing at a drawer in his desk, the same drawer that kept a certain folder his older brother had given him about a certain blond secretary.

Sighing, he opened the drawer, taking out the folder, closing the drawer once again to place the folder on the desk in front of him.

He still hadn't read it. His curiosity for his secretary was intense, but he felt dirty for looking through her background. Of course, he was going to if she was going to keep secrets. It didn't say anything about Lucy not being related to the Lobsters in her interview.

He wanted to read it, his mind continuously screamed at him to read it, but... somewhere in his chest, he felt a tinge if guilt, like it was telling him not to look through her past. If she was trying this hard to hide it, maybe she doesn't want anyone to know about it for a reason. He never knew why he felt this way, I mean, it's not like they were close or anything. It hadn't been that long since she had stopped him from going to the room that his brother was at that day, so he was confused as to why he was feeling like this.

"Maybe I'm getting soft..." Natsu muttered to himself, sighing.
Finally, he decided only a peek would be fine. Just a peek. Just one peek. One peek won't hurt anyone...

He slowly started to lift the folder, slowly, carefully, frantically turning his gaze from the folder to the office door, as if he would get caught any second.

Finally, he flipped the folder open, a paper reading the words "CONFIDENTIAL" in red.

Turning that paper over, the first thing he noticed was the picture of a young blonde girl in the corner. Her brown eyes were big and soft, and her smile was so wide, she had a face of a happy naive little girl.

Natsu continued staring at the picture, not knowing why, but finding every detail of the picture fascinating. He was always able to find detail after detail, staring at it like it was a video game or something.
Finally, he realized he had been staring for too long, and looked away from the entire folder itself. He sighed.