-Chapter 6-

————————————————————————
"Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!!"
Michelle shook the blonde woman side to side while she rested in her comfortable bed.

"What-" Her eyelids opening, she scowled at her younger sister's unusual excitement so early in the morning.

"Lucy!! Wake up!!" Michelle yelled into Lucy's ear.

"What the hell?! Michelle, it's fucking Saturday!! What do you want?!" Lucy grunted, her arm over her eyes to shield herself from the sunlight of the morning.

"Wake up!! A fancy letter came in the mail just now! It says it's from your workplace!"
This got Lucy's attention.

"What?!" She asked, sitting up, still in her over-sized T-shirt and underwear.
"A mail came from your workplace!!" Michelle repeated, causing Lucy to widen her eyes and grin. Before Michelle could repeat herself again, Lucy jumps out of bed, running out the door with Michelle running after her a few seconds after, both squealing in excitement.

Lucy ran into the living room, where Aunt Isabelle held a few envelopes in her hand.

Both girls ran up to the woman, jumping up and down. Michelle had always been a girl to get excited over everything, especially when it came to her older sister.

Isabelle smiled, handing Lucy the golden letter. Michelle was right, it was fancy.

Opening it slowly and carefully, the two woman watched in anticipation as she did so. Once opened, she pulled out a few papers with text, of course, that's what you would expect in a job letter.

Folding those papers open, she read through it fast paste, her pupils moving to look at every sentence.

As much as she wanted to pay attention to the words on the paper, the moment she read a certain word, her pupils started to quiver, and her hands started to shake. Her mind went completely blank as she started to stutter.

"P... p-p-p...." Lucy began, and the two women's eyes widened.
"What does it say?!" Both mother and daughter exclaimed, causing Lucy to look up from the paper.

"...P...p-p...Promotion..." Lucy finally said.
Their eyes widened, gasping. Isabelle stood up while Michelle was already standing as they lunged themselves at Lucy in a hug, squealing as they did so in happiness.

"Oh my god, Lucy!" Michelle said, squeezing her. "I'm so proud of you." Isabelle said, her eyes were shut.

They all had a tear drop form in the corner of their eyes as they hugged one another.

Lucy had never gotten a promotion before. She had been in so many jobs before. She's worked at so many businesses, but not once has she ever had a promotion, not until now, that is.

Once they let go after the fits of giggles and sighs, Isabelle turned to Lucy.
"So what status are you promoted to?" She asked, and Lucy looked down at the papers.

"I'm probably a manager now." She said, reading through the paper.

Her eyes widened once more, shoving her face closer to the paper and the words, as if she did not read the words correctly.
"WHAT?!" She asked, and the two started to sweat in worry.

"What's wrong honey?" Isabelle asked the shaken girl.
"I'm..." Lucy began as the two watched her in silent anticipation.

"I'm a secretary." She finally said.
"WHAT?!" It was their turn to say the word, but more louder.

"Wait a minute, what??!!!! How does that make any sense?! Didn't you just start working a month ago?!" Michelle asked.

"Well, yeah. No one becomes secretary until later on in their time in the business. But I'm new..." The 3 stood there, confused.

"Let's sit down, I'm pretty sure it explains why in the paper." Isabelle said, and they both nodded.

As they sat down, Lucy read through the paper.
The second-to-last paper was a letter from a specific someone to her. That someone being her boss. Zeref Dragneel.

"Okay. Hold on. Back it up." Isabelle held up her hands, to further imply her words.

"I know for a darned fact that a business leader does not just idly send mail to the people that work under them. Lucy, what on earth???" Isabelle exclaimed.

She sighed, just as confused as her aunt, reading it aloud.
"Dear Lucy Lobster.
I know you must be incredibly confused in your sudden change of position in our business. Let me assure you, it is for a reason.
I have noticed your work and your efficiency, and I could see your skills were far beyond your current level. I have created a seat for you as a secretary. The man you will be working under will be shown to you once you arrive. Furthermore, instructions are shown in the paper after this.
If you have any questions, please do ask your peers.
-Zeref Dragneel."
His signature was on the bottom of the paper, under his name.

"So it's true..." Michelle muttered.
Lucy flipped the paper out of the way to reveal the last paper. Of course, it revealed instructions on what to do and where to go. When Lucy's shift will be starting and what She will need to do. Apparently her first day as a secretary will start in 2 weeks. Until then, She would have to get ready.

"No..." Lucy muttered sadly.
"What is it?" Michelle asked her, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"The area I will be working at will be magnolia. That's a whole nother city!" Lucy yelled frustratedly. She was happy she was getting a promotion, and was happy because she would get a higher payment, which meant she was able to pay back Isabelle and Michelle for everything they had done for her. But if her work was in the city of Magnolia, then that would mean she would have to move away. She didn't want to leave, she loved Michelle and her Aunt Isabelle way too much.

Their eyes softened in understanding, even if they held sadness in them. They smiled, both hugging Lucy once again.
Sighing, she hugged them back. The warm hug lasted for awhile, until they let go.

"How long do you have until you leave?" Isabelle asked, and Lucy scoffed.
"I'm not leaving, I'll barge into Zeref's office and ask him myself for a closer area to work in." She huffed, and they both sighed.

"Lucy, do you honestly think we care about that? You need to know that we will support you every step you take, and even if you are away, that won't stop us from visiting you and loving you from the bottom of our hearts." Isabelle said softly.

"Yeah! And so what if your moving. Hey! Maybe you might get a boyfriend for all we know!" Michelle giggled, trying to set the mood.

She was always great at that, really. All three giggled after Lucy grunted in disgust, obviously joking but obviously not interested.

They continued to talk. They talked about how they will go shopping for clothes and other items needed. Lucy will have to look for an apartment to live in, so they will look online for that as well. Other then that, her transportation is already paid for. The paper had all the answers she needed.
They decided to hold a farewell party, inviting her neighbors and friends for Lucy. They drank until they could no longer, all of them passing out everywhere. Lucy didn't drink, so she had to take care of everyone's drunk and passed-out bodies all on her own.
'I'm going to miss this...' she thought sadly.
————————————————————————
CHAPTER 6 END