Chapter 17: Hayes

Grayson's POV:

We walked through the web of fans and paparazzi, our heads down and our hands intertwined. I pushed the door open with my spare hand and was welcomed by the cool air of the airport.

"Wow, that was crazy," Izzy sighed, pulling my arm over her shoulder.

"Yeah, all I'm going to say is thank God we made it out alive," I laughed, pecking her on the cheek.

She smiled with content and pulled out her phone. I read over her shoulder:

*From: Haaaaayes 🙈*
Meet us at Starbucks :)

"Oh, Hayes wants to meet us at-"

"Starbucks?"

"How did you know?"

"Lucky guess," I laughed lightly.

I don't even remember them exchanging numbers. All I'm saying is he better keep his distance and know his boundaries. If he ever crosses the line again, he will be dead to me.

We walked around LAX until we came across Starbucks.

"Dolan!" Nash shouted pulling me into the typical bro hug followed by Cameron, Marcus and... Hayes ugh.

Izzy's POV:

"Izzy, long time no see," Cameron said pulling me into a hug.

Nash then groaned at his corny joke.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry about...well...him," he laughed hugging me.

"Izzy!"

"Marcus!"

"I missed you,"

"OMG, me too,"

He ran and pulled me into a warm hug.

I felt someone grab my waist and spin me around pulling my body towards theirs. They immediately wrapped their arms around me in a tight embrace and nestled their head into the crook of my neck.

"Hey, beautiful," he said in a raspy tone. I recognised his voice in a matter of seconds.

"Hi, Hayes,"

He picked me up and span me around and finally let go.

"So what's your Starbucks order?"

"No, I'm not letting you pay,"

"C'mon,"

"No, Hayes,"

"Why not,"

"Because, why so,"

"C'mon, give me a valid reason,"

Grayson's POV:

"So what's your Starbucks order?"

"No, I'm not letting you pay,"

"C'mon,"

"No Hayes,"

I was pretending I was listening to Ethan's boring as story when I was eavesdropping on Hayes and Izzy's flirtatiously intense conversation.
To be quite honest it was making my blood boil.

"Why not?"

"Because, why so,"

We had decided to get in line to order so I walked up to Izzy to ask her what she wanted for breakfast.

"C'mon, give me a valid reason," Hayes said with a smirk.

"Because her boyfriend gladly will," I said wrapping my hand protectively around her waist and sending a playful glare in his direction.

"Hey, just wanted to buy my friend here a Starbucks," he said putting his hands up in defends causing all of us to giggle.

Although we were on really good terms now, the fact that I have something really worth living for and that keeps me going in constant jeopardy of being taken away by a man whore makes me uneasy. So yeah, I guess there is a sense of bitterness that I might be letting of but its not intentional. I just won't be able to live with myself if it was preventable and I just stood back and what watched my world crumble in front of my eyes.

We ordered and went back to our seats enjoying 3 hours of bonding and reminiscing on old memories together and the premiere. Once again congratulating Cameron on his efforts. We said our goodbyes before boarding the plane, where we headed straight home to New Jersey.

--------
AUTHORS NOTE:

Really short, and I have been really busy so sorry for not updating xx.