Chapter 33: Throwdown

Hayes' POV: 

I turned my back for one second and he pounces. Unbelievable, shouldn't have expected anything less coming from Grayson. Izzy is my best friend and we have grown so close, she has opened up to me and is the most amazing person I've met. Now look at her, she doesn't deserve the pain, and he doesn't deserve her. I am fuming.

I walked up to him and grabbed a fistful of his shirt and twist it between my knuckles, causing it to tighten around his neck. I pulled him backward an to his feet

GRAYSON'S POV:

I raised my hands to the collar of my shirt to give myself some slack to breathe, I was pulled back and lifted to my feet. On the way up I saw Izzy's expression shift and the tears halt.

"You heard what she said, get off her," Hayes instructed.

I cocked my head to the side and stroked my jawline arrogantly, spinning on the the heels of my feet. 

"Excuse me? First of all, this does not involve you. Secondly, who the fuck do you think you are talking to?" I questioned him taking a step toward Hayes.

"You heard me. You would be surprised, i know everything there is to know about the train-wrecks you've caused in the relationship. While you were out living it up with other girls most likely, she confined in me. Oh and i believe I'm talking to Hollywood's most  sleazy womanizer." Hayes spoke taking a step toward me.

"Hmm, and you think your're all that huh? Throw em' up, let's see what you got hot shot," I hustled, taking a further step. We were so close in proximity, you could feel the anger radiating of one another. 

IZZY'S POV:

Uh, oh. I lifted myself to my feet.

"Grayson, please" i whispered under my breath hoping he would hear. I was trembling, this was not good.

GRAYSON'S POV:

"Yeah Grayson, please. Listen to your girlfriend, or ex, or just a new notch in your belt. Whatever you want to call her, I'm not fussed" Hayes interrupted, bringing his hands to my chest and forcefully shoving me. Bad move.

I turned my head to the right, holding eye contact with Izzy.

"I'm sorry," I mouthed to her, as her shaky hands covered her mouth and the tears started again.

Before i knew it my fist connected with his jaw, showing no mercy in the process. He fell to the ground as i pinned him down, a couple blows to his face before lifting him up and throwing him against the glass. I guess i underestimated his determination, suddenly I was punched in the ribs, my delayed reaction resulting in a few more knocks. Blood was covering the floor and running down our faces as we crashed into tables. My shirt was ripped, and soaked in sweat. 

IZZY'S POV:

It felt to surreal to be happening. I couldn't even begin to comprehend the scene in front of me, still emotionally unstable. I ran to the seen screaming at them, begging them to stop. If Hayes doesn't give up I'm scared he won't wake up tomorrow. Everyone is pre-occupied and not game enough to step in, and the security is no where to be seen. 

Hayes lead him to a wall where he pinned him, and quite frankly started beating the shit out of Grayson.

In that very moment, i swear i have never felt more fear and vulnerability. Things i would not have felt if Grayson didn't mean something to me...

Finally Hayes was vulnerable. Grayson had him where he wanted him. It was over. He was trapped under Grayson's muscular build as he raised his elbow back continuously and punched him square in the face. 

"Grayson, Please stop!" I screamed. 

Hayes squirmed and yelped in pain, as Grayson continues to beat him. I ran as fast as I could to attempt to pull Grayson off. Then it really hit me, a daze of air: the room started spinning, i felt light headed,  and i was seeing double, the events of the night taking its toll on my body. As soon as i touched Grayson's bicep, I lost all power over bodily function.

GRAYSON'S POV:

Hearing the crunch of his bones spurred me on. I felt no remorse, just adrenaline and boy did it feel good. He groaned and cried out in agony, and it was like music to my ears. I over heard the faint pleading of Izzy but it felt like a blurr. I continued my destruction until i felt a gentle touch on my arm, the skin to skin contact I have come to know so well, and have been yearning for, for so long. I snapped out of my trance, the brief touch lasting for less than a second. By the time i looked up, she was staring into my eyes as her body began its descent. She was elevated of the ground as her body caved into the stress, i wasn't fast enough. I launched myself at her a second too late, after the sound of her head hitting the marble. She had fainted, and by the time i shook her body she wouldn't respond. 

"Izzy, no! No no, baby please I'm so sorry," I pleaded with her.

Her eyes opened for a brief second before rolling to the back of her head, as she struggled. She made and odd gargling sound before coughing up blood, still unconscious. 

"Izzy! SOMEBODY FUCKING CALL 911!" I screamed holding her motionless body in my hands as she struggled to breathe. I started sobbing into her hair as i kissed her forehead, begging her to come to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------