Chapter 27: Prove It

A/N: sorry for the delay - I got distracted planning out the next La Maison story

"How do you want to play, Angel?"

Tim bit his lip as he thought, looking up at his Dom, backlit by the afternoon light coming through the large window. He's the one who looked like an angel, and he deserved to stop feeling guilty over all the things that came before. Tim took his hand and guided him to the couch, straddling his thighs once he was seated.

"Can we talk first?"

"Oh, you pin me and force me to talk?"

Xander was smiling like it was all a joke, but his eyes looked worried.

"Only because you've been avoiding it," Tim responded bluntly, making Xander blink in confusion.

Xander carefully lifted Tim, placing him by his side and crossing his leg. Tim recognized the defensive move, but it wasn't going to stop him. As long as he listened it was alright.

"I've been a freak my whole life."

"What? No-,"

Tim held a hand up and Xander fell silent.

"I couldn't stay quiet, I couldn't stay still. My mom was exhausted, my sister was jealous I got all the attention. And, well, you know what my dad was. I've always been too much for people to deal with. When I escaped, and came to New York, I gave myself a fresh start. But I hadn't actually changed. I had to fight myself so hard it was exhausting. The only friends I made in four years were Scotty and Ange. And that was only because Scotty is too dopey to even notice when someone's talking his ear off and Ange thinks I'm some kind of adorable pet."

Tim dropped his head for a moment, sighing.

"That might have been unfair, but not by much. Ange was fine with this – the submission – until it actually happened, but she doesn't seem to understand it anymore. I have better friends from the club in two months than I had in four years. People who understand me."

"Okay. I hear you. I'm happy you feel comfortable now."

"I do. And it's because of you. I wouldn't have this if it wasn't for you. I'd still be in that apartment. With Simon."

"That doesn't change how I went about it-,"

"No, see, I knew it. I knew that's why you've been strange. You feel guilty because of how we got together."

"I lied to you, Angel. I tricked you. And I pushed you harder than I should have. Harder than I would have if I'd known about your past. I mean, when I think back to that day... I treated you like someone who knew about the lifestyle. I took you without discussing anything. And then, I just sent you off without giving you any context. Assuming you'd be fine. I didn't even realize when you phoned me panicking about the things you'd found on those websites. I've never told you this, but I just thought it was fucking cute.

"And then I didn't even train you. I left you open. I didn't even recognize the things you were struggling with. If it hadn't have worked out between us, you'd have gone out there, and you'd have been so vulnerable."

"But it did work out, so why are you wasting time on the past?"

"Because I know your past now."

"I never wanted to do the cam shows, you know that."

"I do, that's why-,"

"Nope. Shush...Sir. The only time I actually liked it was when you were online. Literally. Two years of doing it and I had about four sessions I liked."