Letters 3

It was an early morning of spring in Magnolia when Gray opened his eyes and woke up from his deep sleep. He blinked a few times because of the light and rubbed his eyes before realizing he was home. He was at Fairy Tail. He suddenly remembered their return from the 100 Years Quest 3 days ago, which they spent celebrating. Some of his friends' bodies were laying around him, all sound asleep. He smiled, feeling how good it was to be home again after such a long time. All his friends he missed, the guild, the fights, the laughter, the noise, he was so grateful for all of that. He difficultly stood up, looking around, groaning in pain and relief. Sleeping on the floor 3 nights in a row wasn't comfortable but being home was the safest feeling he could feel. He questioned himself when he did not saw a certain blue haired women. For 3 days she was never too far away from him and, to be honest, when she was, he would go looking for her. It was so good to be able to have her around. He could see her, touch her, hear her voice anytime he wanted to.

When he came back, the first thing he did after entering the guild was searching for her. When he finally saw her and she saw him, his body moved by his own and he ran up to her, hugged her, spinning her around a bit. When he was done hugging her and she started to stop crying, he broke the hug and kissed her instead. He wanted to do it for a longtime, but when they knew they were done with the quest, he told himself there wasn't any second to waste anymore and he was going to kiss her right the instant he'd see her. And he had. And she responded, as surprised as she was.

She was so happy, they both were, really. During a few minutes, only he and her existed. Maybe the entire guild went silent for a moment. Maybe they cheered. Maybe they acted like they didn't saw anything but all of them smiled knowingly. They didn't know. It was her. It was him. Their lips meeting multiple times, their tongues sometimes. Their bodies so close to one another they could fuse and be one. One was touching the other and it was all these contacts that mattered. They loved each other and they knew it right at this instant. Eventually they stopped, but didn't move. They looked at each other's eyes and laughed then they joined the others like nothing had happened. He felt so happy the moment he did this, he could still feel the warmth of it all over his body.

During those 3 days they exchanged sweet talks, small gestures, a few pecks and tender moments but he couldn't wait to have her all for himself for some time. He guessed she must have woken up early and went home to change and shower. He'll meet her later. He as well, went home. Persuading the landlord to keep the flat as it was for him had been a pain in the ass but he was glad to see his apartment the exact same as it was when he left it. It felt like he just left yesterday and it was a good feeling. When he opened the door though, there was a ton of letters on the floor. More than ten as it seems, he never had so much. He took them all and placed them on the kitchen table, deciding he would go into it after taking a bath and unpacking his bag. He loved that nothing has changed. Not his flat, not the guild, not any of his friends. Not as it seems at least, looking at everyone once he calmed down between two parties, he noticed everyone had change a little. Some had longer/shorter hair, some had more muscles, some took some weight, some changed styles, some had more scars, some looked more mature. It didn't shook him. Natsu, Lucy, Wendy, Erza, the exceeds and himself had changed a little physically as well. They sometimes teased each other about it on the road. Normal, they were getting older. Nothing to panic about, they were still in their twenties and were at the pick of their beauty. It's just that the girls became women and boys became men. It was funny to see. He obviously notice how Juvia looked more beautiful than ever and hasn't forgot to mention it to her. Her silhouette was slightly slimmer and she looked confident and fearless and powerful. It was hard to describe but it was a full energy. They weren't teenagers anymore, their bodies were adults even if their minds weren't always following.

Once he checked his mail, he noticed a letter from her. When did she put it here ? He had send her hundreds of letters since he started but she couldn't write back, so maybe this is recent. He didn't waste any time and opened it in a hurry.

"My dear Gray,

My entire soul is so happy and excited you are finally home again. I waited this day for a long time and as you promised you would, you came back to me. And god, the moment I saw you, I did not knew I could fall harder in love with you that I already was, but I did.

Oh, my love, the feelings I had when I hold you after all this time. I couldn't describe any of it but I am sure you felt the same. I want you to know that I felt it, all this love you have. I felt it in your arms, in your chest, in your hands, in your lips. Your lips are gonna get me addicted, I know I'll never have enough of them.

You told me I was even more beautiful that I ever was and I was too much on my cloud to reciprocate the compliment. I've looked at you. You've changed. You are slightly taller, more muscular, your whole body is sculpted more perfectly than before. Even if I'm sure Lucy took care of all you guys's hair, yours are a little bit longer and I love passing my fingers through it. Your face's traits are more define and manly. If I could stare at you for hours, I'll do it.

But even though our bodies changed, our minds are a little slower. So in the name of all those letters you have send me.
I want you to know that I'll be here. I'll heal the wounds. I'll listen to your heart. I'll destroy  your demons. I'll create stronger walls. I'll mend your soul.
Don't you worry my love, I'll be here no matter what. I've been here before, and I'll never leave. My love for you will be your secret place. Where you feel peaceful, accepted, listened to, cared about, everything you need. I'll forever be your lighthouse in this infinite ocean.

I love you and I'll spend the rest of my life showing and saying it to you. Maybe I'm overwhelmed right now, seeing you after so long, seeing you love me back for real, but I don't care. I'm on the highest cloud and I'm not ready to get down.

We'll probably see each other this afternoon, for now, I left you peaceful sleeping self around our friends at the guild.
I look forward to the days we will spend just the two of us.

                                                                                  With all my love, Juvia"

He smiled all along. Only her could say those things to him. He wasn't scared anymore, she didn't need to reassure him. He was never so sure about something apart from the fact that he was in love with her and he would never let her go. She was the one from the start. He doesn't need anybody else. It was and will always be her. He then jumped on his feet, leaving his flat in a hurry, running to go meet the woman he loves for so long and tell her how much he truly loves her till she is enough of hearing it.

------------------

•Art by giushia