Tradition

"Why are we doing this again?" Gray asked , his hands tightening around Juvia's smaller ones. She is standing in front of him with the same sweet expression she always wears whenever she looks at him.

"Because it's tradition." Juvia replies, smirking at his annoyment. Gray already told her that they don't have to be separted the night before their wedding just because it was some other people's beliefs and traditions. All he wanted to do was spend some tranquil time with her until they absolutely had to start the prepartion the following morning.

"Whom is it tradition to exactly? It's stupid."

Juvia chuckled at his stubborness while caressing his hands gently with her thumbs.

"Well Juvia wants to do it. You'll have Juvia for the rest of our lives starting tommorrow so you should enjoy tonight as much as you can. You can do things I don't even have to know about, you know." She moved her eyebrows up and down in a suggestive way.

Gray's eyebrows furrowed more and more while she talked but he chuckled mockingly anyway. "Okay can you bring my jealous Juvia back because this is just bullshit. I don't even wanna do 'anything I want' and you won't either, right?"

Juvia slightly shook her head, amused, and let go of his hold on one of her hand to place it on his cheek. She bumped her forehead on his and looked at him right in the eyes.

"Of course not. But Juvia is gonna have a lot of fun without Gray-sama, and you should do the same. We won't see each other until tommorrow afternoon, so don't you dare sneek in my room or whatever, it's bad luck."

"Bad luck? Haha we've had enough of those, we're only gonna have good luck from now on, even if I sneek in."

"Don't curse us! And Juvia is serious when she says not to sneek in." Gray rolled his eyes. "No, really though! Juvia is not kidding!" She took a step back away from him but he was quick to place his hand around her waist to bring her back close to his body.

"I get it. But I don't believe in supertitions. It doesn't make any sense." She was going to further argue with him but his lips where already on hers and it pushed all of her bad feelings away.

"We gotta go now so move your frozen ass already!" Natsu shouted from a few meters behind Gray, leaned on the car, surrounded by friends, waiting for the man of the party.

"Shut the fuck up Natsu!" Erza equally shouted from behind Juvia, steadily up on her legs with her arms crossed, she looked like a bodyguard. Ready to punch anyone who will dare distrub the last intimate moment of the couple before they become newlyweds. As the other group facing them, friends awaited around a car to bring Juvia to her bachelorette party.

Gray and Juvia separated but kept their hands intertwined, unbothered by all the shouting that just happened around them.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"Obviously. Gray-sama won't run away, will he?" She teased him with a smirk.

"Never." He approached her to give her a peck on the lips. "I love you."

She gave him a peck in return. "I love you." They gave each other a long, deep, passionate kiss before really letting go of one another, for good this time. They walked backward until their hands couldn't touch anymore. With a gentle smile on their lips, they turned their back to one another and headed to their last party as a simple couple.

-

There was no way he could do that. He drunk secretly hoping it would push his anxiety away and help him fall asleep but it didn't help even one bit. He kept turning and turning in his bed, trying to find a comfortable position and empty his mind but he couldn't seem to succeed. He had tried breathing slowly, walking around the room, taking some fresh air or taking a cold shower but nothing worked, and he still hadn't been able to sleep although he was really tired. He even wished Natsu would be right beside him to punch his stupid face so he could calm down. But deep down he knew it would be as useless as the rest, all he really needs is to sleep with her body in his arms. There is no other way. He knows he promised her not to sneek in but fuck it, he has to go see her. It is out of his hands, his right mind just won't listen. Bad luck is shit, superstition is shit. He needs to take her in his arms right now so he'll do it. He got out of his bed like a storm, barely putting pants and shoes on. He got out of his room, travelin through the hallways. He took the stairs to get to the right floor. Juvia wanted them to sleep in a hotel so they could get separate rooms. Maybe she thought that sleeping in a separate friend's place would have been too easy. She knows him by heart and knew he would want to come see her in the middle of the night. So she decided she won't even sleep on the same floor as him and even though he asked she didn't want to tell him the number of her room. Unfortunately for her, he had bullied Gajeel all night to tell him and at the end of the night, Juvia's protector informed him of the wanted number. He said it once, in a very low voice hoping Gray hadn't heard it or that he'll forget eventually. But Gray heard and remembered alright.