Betrayal

"Juvia CANNOT believe that Gray-sama has betrayed her so easily!" The blue haired woman was walking quickly in Magnolia's streets, she looked furious, she clenched her fists so tightly that her arms looked weirdly like just two sticks on either side of her body. The black haired men behind her couldn't see her face but he knew her brows were furrowed in anger. Although all he could do was follow her slowly with crossing arms while rolling his eyes. He didn't look guilty at all. He couldn't be more calm at her accusation, the annoyance would come, he was certain, but for now all he wanted to do was mock her.

"Now now, don't be so dramatic, Juvs. If I recall the events correctly, you've betrayed me first."

A huge gasp came out of her mouth and she dramatically turned around, stoppin in her tracks.

"Juvia had no choice, it was her duty." She tried debating, but Gray wouldn't take her bullshit.

"There were more than a few people you could have killed, but you chose me instead. Understand that I couldn't just let that happen without a little vengeance." Gray still looked as unfazed when he stopped next to her crossed arm figure.

"What hurts Juvia is that you didn't hesitate one second to kill me! What about the unspoken rule that we protect each other no matter what?"

"Once again, you killed me first."

"Natsu-san and Juvia thought you were a mere villager, it was funny to kill you first because we love to tease you!"

"Juvs, I don't give a shit about your arguments. I killed you in return while playing fair and square. I knew you were a werewolf from the start, I literally sent you a warning before the game started."

"Juvia thought you were bluffing."

"Then you don't know me enough, babe."

As you could have understood by now, a few members of Fairy Tail had spent the afternoon playing Werewolf. It had been fun, on the first tour, Gray and Juvia had been lovers and they had somehow managed to make the villagers win, but it was probably because Wendy and Lisanna had been werewolves and they couldn't lie for their lives. Throughout the other rounds, they had different cards and died several times. Until the last round, where Natsu and Juvia had been the werewolves. The second they opened their eyes and saw each other, they smiled, ready for a little scheme, trying to decide if they should kill Lucy or Gray first. They had chosen Lucy first, unfortunately, she had been the sorceress, which allowed her to save herself. Somehow, neither of them had been unmasked and they took the opportunity to kill Gray rapidly. Once again, unfortunately for them, Gray had been the hunter and knew from the start that Juvia was a werewolf. In his death, he killed Juvia with him and convinced the villagers to kill Natsu. The game was lost.

Juvia had been surprised that he could just kill her like that without resentment or shame. Once again, she had killed him first, but for her, it didn't count, it was her duty as a werewolf to kill all the villagers with joy and excitement. She just wanted to kill Gray first to annoy him. But now, she was the one being annoyed. The universal rule for couples that played board games was that once the cards are distributed, war is on. You weren't in a relationship anymore, you were playing to destroy everyone on your way. However, Juvia didn't see it like that. She was in the right to kill Gray, for fun, but he was in no way in the right to kill her. Either for fun or vengeance or just because he knew she was the werewolf that needed to be defeated. No, he needed to let her win. In. Any. Situation. It wasn't that complicated. Was it?

"How could Juvia trust you in any games now?"

"You can trust me in any game, if we are on the same team. However, once you are my opponent, I'll kill you first chance I get."