FORTY

Not edited.

I was about to walk into the room when one of my advisors stopped me.

"Queen Renezmae." He interrupts.

"I told you before Michel, you can all my Reneé, you practically saw me grow up." I laughed.

The elderly man cracked a smile, " this is your first official meeting, we were wondering if we could record it, it will be nice to show all hesitant alphas how you run things."

"Don't we have a voice recording build in?" I ask before I saw the Camara man approaching from down the hall.

"No michel, I feel like the issue today is going to be more personal then professional, I don't want the world to see that."

Michel nods, everyone knew about the rift between Xander and Ian.

"Go get them Queen." He says again , putting on my crown that someone brought over, this crow was like a hair and filled with diamonds and emeralds. Simple but classic.

I opened the doors and walked in shutting them behind me.

Xander and Ian were already face time face, with Ian's hands around Xander's throat. I could see his jaw tick. If he was in any other place now he would have tore Ian to shreds.

"Alpha Ian, Zee, please sit." I state walking to the head of the table.

Xander pushes Ian off him and takes a seat, he leans over and pulls violets chair closer to himself.

Ian just stand there.

I look back at him and raised an eyebrow, " sit."
He gives me a look before sitting on the chair.

"So, what is the issue here today, please speak clearly so the microphones can hear you." I exclaim.

"We need to invoke Article 17 of the Alpha Act." Alpha Ian speaks up, " if you know what that even is."

The truth is, I didn't, " and for what reasons will have to invoke it." I asked

"The man who was supposed to be our Alpha died, now my daughter is alone."

"Women are capable of being Alphas." Violet spoke up, I nodded in agreement.

"Well she can't, at least for the next couple of months, you see she is pregnant."

I Took in a deep breath of air and glanced over at my family, Xander and Alec's faces were the same- neutral but violet had a small smile.

"Congratulations love."

"Thank you Mama Vio." Becca replied, " as you know especially mama Vio, I can't afford to fight with my pack if I'm pregnant." Then Becca turned to me, " I mean you know what happened right."

I made a fist under the table, so my frustration wouldn't show on my face, she was baiting me to snap.

"Sadly I don't, but it's just for a few months, and congratulations." I exclaim.

"You don't know the story of your own family Princess Renezmaé." She says overly sweetly, " you didn't know Alec likes to read either." I kept my head straight, raising an eyebrow, " tell me did Violet atleast share the cake in the mug recipe with you? That was passed on from generations, I still remembered the first day you showed me Mamma Vio. The baby feels for it always."

I wanted to object, to say something- anything but I didn't even know the article myself.

"You are not getting to the point, what is it do you want."

"Alec of course." Ian smirked.

And that's when everything went still.
Except for me. I looked around the room at everyone's mannequin faces- no one moved an inch. I got up and ran to the window looking down- even the guards were frozen.