NINETEEN

Not edited

"Mum?" Elena spoke as the elevator door opened in front of us.
I was still perplexed, everything was happening so fast , and you know that feeling you get inside when everything is just to perfect and you are waiting for the scare. That's me right now.

"I'm just finishing changing Elena, apparently it's not good manners to wear-" the Luna stopped as she walked out of her closet, her eyes landing directly on me and her mouth going slack. She was just as beautiful as the framed photo of herself in Alec's luggage, he blonde hair just below her shoulders was pin straight and she wore a pretty lavender dress that fell like satin against her pale skin.

I smiled, to ease the awkwardness in the room, she was supposed to be my mates mum. And everything I have heard about her so far, she seemed to be the epitome of feminism.

"Well it's not exactly formal dress code for royals, but I don't really mind."  I state quite jokingly hoping they will catch on to my tone.

"Oh I'm sorry, your uhm-"

"She is a princess mom, not a majesty or whatever you were thinking." Elena interrupts her mum before stepping forward into the room and launching herself towards her mums bed.

" it's nice to meet you Luna Violet, I heard so much."

"The honor is mine Princess Renesmaé , I would like to , apologize for not being there to fetch you or having to meet you in such a messy place." She states indicating around her room.

"Please Luna Violet, from everything I have heard about you, you being this formal is strange, please be that spicy she wolf everyone is talking about." A slow smirk drew across her face and I took that as a point for myself, I looked around the room, other than some heels being thrown on the floor it was significantly tidy with simple touches of uniqueness.

"You room is like a museum." I state looking at a particular artwork hung just above their bed. It was of the two wolves staring up at the moon with pups running about at their feet. It was definitely done in oil paints, the thick strokes were short and added levels of deepness to the image. " it's beautiful."

"Dad painted that just after i was born, he has a talent for painting something non of us adopted sadly. if you look carefully around the pack house you will notice that a lot of the art works are done by dad or the other artists around the house."

i nodded in response, my eyes trailing around the room until they landed on a frame sitting perched on the end of violets desk.

i think she caught me staring cause she picked up the frame and gave it a small smile, " it's a letter I wrote to Alexander, twenty some years ago. That idiot kept it with him for four years in his wallet, only when I moved in I framed it. You could say it's a letter that changed our lives." She smiles down at the frame, the kids are probably tired of listening to the story yet I never get tired of telling it."

Elena rolled of the bed and stood up, " actually mum, the princess was tired and I was asked by the king to take her to her room."

"I would love to hear the story!" I shouted out, truth is I wasn't tired at all, and the idea of being trapped in the room alone until the night was haunting.

"Let me tell it to you on the way to your room then."

"When I was eighteen I ran away from home, and left letters to all my family and friends, including Xander, although back then he was the furthest person from family or friend.
The letter says."

Alexander

Thank you.
Thank you for putting up with me, for putting up with my mouth at your pack.
Thank you
For giving me a ride to Ian's, then back home to mine and lastly to the airport. Thank you for saving me before I hit the ground, physically and mentally.