Chapter 004: Dreaming

Tyler's POV:

I arrived home, entering quietly, my mom already sleeping. Entering my bedroom, I turn on the light, and enter my bathroom. Removing my shirt, I examine my body, seeing no marks or disfiguration. But examining my arm, I see the swirl mark, not going away no matter how long I wash it. What do I tell my mom when she sees?

Thinking about what to say tomorrow, I striped to my boxers and proceeded to go to sleep. I was tired and soon I was out like a light.

Dream:

I could see myself holding hands with Nina. Our fingers were intertwined and she stared lovingly at me. It was then, my long ex-girlfriend appeared out of nowhere with the guy she cheated with me on. There gazes met and soon I saw Nina shift into an animal and frontal attacking her.

I could hear the screams of my ex. But her little buddy came towards me. I too turned into something, attacking him. Their screams sounded so real and once turning back to human, we both were covered in blood. But was even more scary was the creepy smiles of satisfaction plastered to our faces.

End of dream:

I awoke shooting right up. My breathing was uneven, and my body was covered in a thin layer of sweat. Feeling queasy I rushed to my bathroom, going to straight to the toilet. I didn't feel right, and it took a while for me to calm. My anxiety was taking over but was soon let go.

It was already the afternoon, my mom at work early, leaving me home alone. Laying back down, I couldn't help but let some tears fall. Whatever dream that was really shook me up.

+

In my dream, it was my ex-girlfriend, her name being Alexandra. She was what I wanted to believe as 'my first love.' It was one day I scheduled a date for us -we were dating for a month- on our anniversary to go out to dinner. I went to her house, but there was no answer. The door was open, so I let myself in. I'm sure she wouldn't have minded.

Looking around, I found no sign of her. But soon I could hear languid moans and grunts coming from a bedroom. Standing in front, my hand laid lightly on the door. The laugh sounded so like her. Opening the door slightly, I could see Daniel, her little buddy, my sworn enemy and her in bed having sex.

They didn't notice me, but I ran out the house, with tears crawling down my face. I was so broken; couldn't believe she would cheat on me.. I broke it off with her later that same day. It was then I was too afraid to trust girls with my feelings. Although I'm breaking walls slightly with Nina, I'm still very careful.

But what did that dream mean? Would they turn up somehow later on?

+

My day went slow. My mom had came back earlier than expected and we went and made some desserts in the kitchen. Forgetting to throw on a long sleeved shirt or jacket, she took a notice of my arm. I was worried I would get scolded, but instead, my mom look scared. I see her body trembling and hands fidgeting.

"Mom, mom! Are you okay? Would you like to sit?" I directed her to the nearest chair, rubbing her back. "W-when did you get that?" I assumed she thought I t was tattoo, so I was honest. I told her it appeared abruptly and I wouldn't get a tattoo unless she permitted it.

It turned out, it was something much more than the assumption of a tattoo.

She began to question the certain ways I was feeling, and I came clean. I told her about my feelings towards a girl -which was quite a bit hormonal; but a different type-, my moment with the moon, my body, and my dream.

"Oh no, this is too early," she mumbled. I stared confused and before I could ask, she cut me off. "Tyler, I need to tell you something. And when I say this, please believe me. I wouldn't lie about this. Sit."

+

(Author Note)

// Uh oh. Some little drama there! What do you think the dream meant? And what do you think his mom is going to tell him? Take a guess! Please vote and comment your thoughts! 😳 //