Chapter 001: Annunciation

Tyler's POV:

There are a few minutes left of the last class. I sat with my earbuds in, listening to some pop music, as I scrolled through my social media accounts. My good friend, Andre was busy talking to another classmate, and everybody else was tending to their work and conversations. I was excited to go home. Today was quite a long day, and I was ready to take a nap.

Looking outside the hallway windows, I see other classes being let out. Picking up my bag, and pushing into my chair, the bell rang. I motioned for Andre to come along, and we exited the classroom walking through the crowded building.

Andre and I live in the same neighborhood, along with some other classmates. We were discussing the new movie happening to be released soon. It was supposed to be a thriller but seemed more like the stereotypical cheesy horror movie. I'd prefer more gore.

Andre changed the subject every few minutes which I admit was quite annoying. It went from movies to games, to the gym, to homework, then to girls. Andrew wished for a girlfriend but couldn't seem to get anyone's interest. I reassured him that it was all right and to be patient. Someone good will come along.

+++

Reaching our neighborhood, Andre and I stopped abruptly as a figure dashed beside us, a wind tracking behind us. Then another. Looking forward I see two girls running until one stopped, cheering while the other was panting. I took a notice of them being good friends of ours, Nina and Lucy.

It seemed they were racing; Nina winning. In all honesty, Nina gave me the bats in my stomach. I can't help but feel like a girl. Nina is one of the smartest girls I know, along with the prettiest. She is petite, yet full. She can be very silly and goofy, yet be serious, even scary at times. She can be stern, yet considerate and helpful.

Nina is someone I grew to like since the middle of my junior year in high school. We met in a school club for the school yearbook. I was paired up with her for an assignment. It was during that time I learned more about her, and my feelings began to blossom. Like every person, I couldn't bring myself to confess. I just have to wait until I am ready.

"Tyler!" I jump, and I looked over at Andre. "Dude, what's wrong with you? You looked so distracted and had some daze happening. Are you okay?" I nod stiffly, reassuring him I was all right. Reaching my street, I gave my goodbye, but then I was called out. "My love! Please get home safely, my baby! I love you!" Andrew was sending kisses and cute faces as he saw me walk down the street. Andre and I have this weird bromance, even some people consider us a couple. I send a wink, causing him to laugh from afar before waving. Changing the song on my phone a couple of times, I settle on one, as stuff my hands in my jacket pocket.

+++

"Hey, baby." I close and lock the door, seeing my mom wearing her cleaning apron as she was dusting the dining room. I removed my shoes, placed them on the mat, and hung up my jacket. "Hey, Momma." I kissed her on the cheek before sitting back on the sofa.

I saw that she was watching the news, and I rolled my eyes. Never had I liked the news. I always saw it as a broadcast that always spoke about the weather, politics, and bad things happening. She asked how was school and spoke about her day. She was speaking about some online ordering she did when something piqued my interest.

It was said that there was a global change done in outer space; something that has never happened. Our planets shifted creating a straight line, rotating less than an inch per minute. What was even more shocking, was the new planet it created. A blue moon. It was so hard to believe. They had done a recent study alerting that the moon was harmless, but they would do frequent and thorough checks.

"Wah, that's so cool," I mumbled.

+++

It was an hour or so later, I finished up my assignments, showered, and now I was drawing. My mom had come in setting a plate of some chopped-up fruit, and saying she would go to work. She kissed my head and told me to make sure I clean up and head to bed early. Thinking back to the news, I decided to do some research on the moon. Already there were studies, photos, and even urban legends of how this came to be millions of years ago. Throwing myself on the bed, I turned my PlayStation 4 on and began to game.

Now that I think about it, Nina likes to games.

Well at least from what Andre told me.+

(Authors Note)

// First chapter has been edited and completed! What are your thoughts of the new news? Heh, that's funny. 'New news' No? Okay, I'll shut up now. 💩😂 I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please comment your thoughts and vote! Thank you, 💛 //