"Forewarning, he's a dick"

Start from the beginning

"Interesting. My family is crazy too," she laughs and then her face drops.

"I just remembered that his grandad, David's dad, will be here, and just forewarning he's a dick. I respect the man sometimes, but he is the biggest dickwad I've ever met. It explains why all six of his wives divorced him, " ok kim go off, "He absolutely adores the boys and Catherine, but that took time.Is it normal to hate your in-laws?"

"Maybe.." I shrug.

"Gah!" She shakes her head, "Let's talk about my side of the family!" She smiles and pulls out a pot and some noodles.

------

    Today's the day. The baby shower! Woo hoo. Note the sarcasm. I'm excited don't get me wrong, but boy let me tell you. The stuff Kim told me last night... LEt's just say I thought my family drama was a lot.

    Everett and I got to Kim's place twenty before it started. Only because I couldn't find anything that fit me for a good hour. Tears were shed, Ev cracked open a beer, and I sat on my floor petting Paul until Ev made me get up.

    I found a long navy blue slip dress, wearing a white turtleneck underneath it. I slipped on some knock-off doc martens, matched the fit with some gold jewelry, and tied my hair up.

Ev rings the doorbell, "This place is massive," he whispers, keeping his eyes on the door. I nod and next thing I know the door opens.

    "Hey!" Harrison lets us in. My eyes go wide when I see it.

Balloons. Gold and white balloons cover the foyer, and the living room, and the kitchen, and... you get where this is going. Kim went all out.

"Damn," Ev says when we walk into the house. Damn is right Ev. Harrison grabs the gift that Ev is holding and sets it on a table with a white table cloth in the living room, and a sign above it saying 'Oh baby!'

Harrison looks at the both of us, "Everyone should be getting here in the next twenty minutes or so. Do what you will," he looks at me, "Luce my mom and Jenna want you in the kitchen." Oh great.... Jenna told me she had something planned, and with this girl it is either illegal or very embarrassing

     This is going to be fun...

-----

    It's been two hours, I've talked to about fifty people. I've only seen Ev twice, he was flirting with some guy so I let him be. Jenna and Will are in charge of the little kids, they're outside playing some game.

    Harrison and I have taken about a hundred pictures, per request of his mom. I've met his hospital friends, cousins. I'm tired, and hungry, and my feet hurt. I linger around the snack table and pick up a few ritz crackers.

I take a bite when I hear someone come from behind me.

"You must be Lucy," the old man walks up to me, his eyes immediately eyeing my bump.

"Yes," I smile, "You must be Harrison's grandfather!" Kim told me about him yesterday. All I know is that he likes his whiskey neat and his women. He nods and takes a sip from the glass I didn't know he was holding

"Name's Lyndsy. How's the fella in there?," he points to my stomach. I look down and back at him.

"Healthy."

"Hmmph," he takes another sip from the glass, "Harrison married ya yet?" What the hell?

"No... we aren't together," I try to explain, but the look on his face is telling me what I know. He doesn't like me. At all.

"What a shame," he looks around, "Harry knows better. You gotta marry the woman before you knock her up." He laughs like he was the most hilarious person on earth. What the fuck do I say?