"Why are you crying?"

Unedited*

    I'm pregnant. Six weeks to be exact. The test came back positive and I started to panic and cry. The doctor recommended an OB-GYN to go to, and when he did I cried harder. As soon as I got home that day I cuddled Paul and cried some more.

    It's been about two weeks since then and the only person that knows is Taylor. I go back in two weeks for my ten week check up and Jenna is back from her honeymoon.

    She has been demanding that we catch up, and I don't know how I'm going to break it to her that I'm pregnant. Especially when I don't even know the baby daddy's last name.

   I was stress cleaning my kitchen when someone knocked on my door. I went and opened it and there stood Jenna. I gave her a sweet smile and she smiled back. She welcomed herself in and immediately gave me a hug.

"I missed you," she said, squeezing me tighter.

    "I missed you too," I squeezed back and then she let me go. She was glowing. Literally and figuratively. Her skin was tan and she looked so happy, unlike a certain someone. She walked to my couch, as I closed the door, and shooed away Paul.

   "So Lucy," she said looking back at me. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and Will to his parents for Thanksgiving?" I stopped walking.

   "No!" I said as I walked over to the couch, "I mean, I can't. They don't even know me and if they do they probably hate me because I ruined your wedding." I sat down on the couch beside her and she shook her head reassuringly.

  "They don't think of you like that and if they did I will explain what happened," she squeezed my arm.

   "Pretty please will you come with me, and Will has one sister and she is five. I love her, but I can't just solicalize with a five year old!" she exclaimed.

   I thought about it before I hesitantly nodded. She smiled and gave me an enormous smile and pulled me in a hug.

   "Ok," I said, "Out of breath. Stop hugging." She let go and sat back.

   "I'm so excited," she said as she texted Will, "I'll send you the details tomorrow." I nodded and she put her phone down. "Now, can we watch netflix and eat Ice cream?" She asked, in the tone of a five year old.

   "Yes, Yes we can," I said, grabbing the tv remote while she jumped up to my kitchen.
***
Thanksgiving

    I was running late. Like I was supposed to be there an hour ago, but my little rasberry decided that mommy should throw up, late. It took about thirty minutes for me to make my face look less dead than it did and now here I was trying to find something to wear. I grabbed some light-washed jeans and put them on when I noticed my stomach. I was starting to show, barely might I add.

    Jenna texted me asking me where i was and i texted back telling her something came up and that i would be late. She sent back the thumbs up emoji and I shut my phone off. I walked back into my closet and looked for something to wear. I grabbed my oversized cream sweater and threw it over my head.

    After my final touch up I put my brown booties on hobbled out of my apartment, making sure I had my purse and car keys. When I got to my car, I put in the address that Jenna had sent me on my Toyota Camry's GPS before I left.

   The drive only lasted about thirty minutes because Will's Parents live out in the country. I turned onto the street when I noticed the humongous house. I parked against the street because the driveway was packed full of cars.

    When I got out of my car, I made sure to stay on the concrete pathway that led to the front door because I didn't want to ruin the perfect green grass.