"A little birdie told me..."

Unedited*
Lucy's POV:

    The mall was packed, and so were my hands. After Harrison told me about his sister's party I knew I had to get her something. Did I know what I wanted to get her? No. But the best place to start was the mall.

    I got her some princess barbie dolls, after confirmation from Jenna that Cathrine would like them, and a few little things. I wasn't planning on staying long until I passed a baby store.

   That's when I realized that I haven't even shopped for my own kid. It wasn't late, so I knew that a few minutes in the store wouldn't be bad. And boy was I wrong.

   About an hour later I was walking out of the store with a bagful of outfits for my kid, ten different types of bottles because I didn't know which type to get, some toys because why the hell not, and a fat dent in my bank account.

   My stomach started to rumble and I knew the little man was getting hungry so on my way home I stopped at Gwen's.

  Right when I walked in I was hit with a whiff of food cooking. It wasn't terribly busy so most of the waitresses were hanging around the front.

  "Lucy!" Annie, the waitress, said to me. Since I moved in with Everett I secretly come here three days of the week.

   He's big on cooking himself and saving money, but the days he has night shift is when I splurge. Also I can't cook for shit, so having a grilled cheese three days out of the week isn't bad.

   "Hey Annie," I smiled sitting down on the barstool. The blue bar took up half of the dining room, leaving about five tables.

   "The usual?" she asked me. I gave her a nod and looked around the room. Two out of the five tables were filled with people and only one more person was sitting at the bar with.

   The guy at the bar was five seats down from, but he looked oddly familiar. I noticed he was stirring a small spoon around in the small coffee cup.

   My thoughts were broken when Annie set down a basket with my grilled cheese and fries and a chocolate milkshake.

   "Thanks," I picked up my grilled cheese and started eating. I sighed and my shoulders relaxed as I ate one of the best grilled cheese to ever exist. After a few minutes I was sipping on my milkshake when Annie came over to me.

   "Hey!" she said, smiling, making two dimples appear.

   "Hey Annie," I placed the half empty glass of chocolaty goodness down on the counter. From the corner of my eye I noticed the man sitting down from me was looking over at us. Annie had said something, but I was too busy looking at the man. As soon as he noticed me his head shot back to his cup.

   "Earth to Lucy," Annie's manicured hand waved in front of my face, "Stop staring!"  I looked back at Annie who was standing there, one hand on her hip and the other planted on the counter.

   "Uh," I coughed, my cheeks flushing red in embarrassment, "I was not staring." Her eyebrow shot up and by the way she was looking at me pretty much saying 'you're clearly lying.'

   "Fine," I grabbed my milkshake, "There's just something familiar about him." She smiled as I took a sip from my straw.

   "Anyways," Annie said loudly, "How's the baby?" Her eyebrows wiggled in curiosity. I hadn't told her my life story, but since I started to show she has been asking questions.

   "The baby is fine" my lips formed into a thin line. The man's head shot in my direction after hearing my response. Creepy. I may like to eavesdrop... sometimes.... But I don't blatantly make it noticable.