"Forewarning, he's a dick"

Unedited*
Lucy's POV:
tw** mental health issues/mention of miscarriages

    Kimberly's house taunts me. I sit in my car and wait a minute before I get out and head to the front door. I walk along the concreted path to the large door.

I ring the doorbell and stand back. My hands rest on my bump to relax myself a little bit. I'm looking at my rainboots, which are hurting my feet, when I hear the door open.

    "Mom! Lucy's here," Charlie screams, he faces me and his voice goes back to a normal octave, "hey bestie! I like the sweater and jeans, it really brings out your eyes." He points to my white sweater and black jeans, aka the only things that fit me in my closet.

"Hi Charlie," I smile and he motions for me to walk in. I shrug off my coat and hang it on the hook in the foyer while he closes the door.

Charlie gets beside me as we walk to the living room, "How's my little nephew doin' in there? Have you picked out his name? I recommend Charlie, Charles, Bennett, that's my middle name," his hand rests on his chest,

"Fun fact, mom named us all after the British royal family. She takes pride in it, but the names got," he faces me when we walk into the living room and his fingers make quotations  "'more unique' after mi-"

Kimberly emerges from the hallway, "Charlie shut up!"

He throws his arms up, "Sorry, but it's true. Anyways, I'll let you ladies discuss whatever it is, and Lucy," he looks at me, his hand touching my shoulder lightly, "Remember if my big brother treats you wrong, i'm waiting right here for ya!"

Kimberly shakes her head, "Charles Bennett Price," she warns him.

His eyes go wide, "Not the Charles! Mom i'm just kidding," he deadpans and gives me a wink before running out of the room. Kimberly watches him before looking at me, still standing behind the couch in the very fancy, yet cozy, room.

Kimberly stands there shaking her head, "Sorry about him. I shake my head. I honestly could care less. He's funny, so that adds to my boring life.

"Why don't we go to the kitchen, I have everything set up in there," I follow her through the lying room to the kitchen. My eyes dart to the island full of binders and photographs.

Kimberly looks back at me, "Don't mind the mess. Just finalizing some things today."

"What do we have left?" I ask, sitting down on one of the barstools. She shuffles through the binders before pulling out the biggest one.

"The guest list," Kimberly opens the binder, "So, I've marked everyone who can and can't come. And then I noticed you didn't invite your parents, do you want to add them." I did that on purpose. Well, I invited my dad but he was busy, and my mom. I wasn't even going to try.

"No it's ok," I pull the binder over to me, "I already asked, they won't be able to come." She frowns but nods.

"Well, that's really all of it," she places her hands onto the counter, "I don't want you to stress out about it."

I smile, "Thank you Kimberly. I appreciate it. I really do!"

"Call me Kim sweetie."

"Thanks Kim," she smiles and sits up. I watch her walk over to the fridge and open it.

"Are you thirsty or hungry?" I shake my head but she gives that look like she knows that I'm lying, "How about I make something, and we can gossip about the family I married into. Don't let David hear me say this, but they are coocoo for cocoa puffs."