"You know that's my specialty"

Unedited*

I woke up late the next morning in Harrison's apartment. He texted me around six a.m. to tell me that he would be lucky to get back around noon.

It was now ten thirty and I was starving, so I started to rummage through his kitchen. All I could find was a "Just add water" pancake mix in his barely full pantry. I began opening all of the kitchen cabinets to find everything I need.

After finding the mixing bowl, I poured the contents of the little bag and added water. The mixture began to get thicker and I turned on the stove so the pan could get hot.

Once it got hot I poured the batter onto the pan, making sure to not spill anything, and the batter instantly started to sizzle. As the pancake cooked, I grabbed my phone off the granite counter so I could listen to music.

Quickly unlocking my phone, I went to Spotify and clicked shuffle on my playlist. I placed my phone into the silver kitchen aid bowl so the music would seem louder.

"Her name is Noelle," I put the handle of the spatula up to my face like a microphone," I have a dream about her." I danced and sang around the kitchen and then went back to the stove to flip my pancake.

After it was cooked I placed it on the plate and poured more batter into the pan and turned the volume on my phone as high as it could get when it got to my favorite part of the song.

My face lifted into a smile as I pulled the spatula to my face, "I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby."

My voice started getting higher, "Come with me Friday don't say maybe. I'm just a teenage dirt, baby, like you. Oooh ooh."

"Hmm," I heard someone cough behind me. My body quickly shot in that direction to see Harrison standing there. My face went red and I hurried over to my phone to turn the music off. I pressed the pause button and faced back to Harrison.

"Oh," I said flushed, "You are not supposed to be here." A smile played on his face as he sat down the leather satchel on the counter.

"I was able to come home early," he said and his eyes darted to the plate of pancakes I had made, "Ooh pancakes!" Harrison walked over, grabbed a pancake and took a large bite out of it.

"Hey!" I yelled out, "Those are for me." He laughed as he shoved the last of the pancake in his mouth. He went back over to the plate to grab another and I swatted at his hand.

"Ow," he said rubbing his hand. I gave him a smile and grabbed the last pancake off the stove and on to the plate.

"I liked your performance," he said as I sat down on the barstool, "Ten out of ten."

"You don't have to lie to me," I said back chewing my pancake.

"Oh I'm not though. Where I was standing, the view was excellent," he said with a smirk on his face.

I dropped my pancake down and looked at him, "Were you staring at my ass?"

"I never mentioned your ass, but now that we're talking about it, it looked ama-"

"You perv!" I screamed out. He laughed and walked over to me, snatching a pancake off my plate.

"Ah ah ah," he said, "I was just complimenting you. No need to get defensive or angry." I stared at him angrily.

He gave a small laugh and went to his fridge. I watched him, giving a deathly stare, as he pulled out the carton of orange juice. His fingers twisted the cap off and he brought up the carton to his mouth.

"Gross," I mumbled looking down at my clothes and started fidget with the drawstring of my pants.

I was wearing his gray sweatpants and a white sweatshirt with purple letters saying University of Washington. I noticed he had left them in the bathroom with a pink sticky note telling me that I could sleep in them. I looked back at Harrison, and I noticed he had left the room.

I got off the barstool and walked into the living room when I saw him. He was laying on the couch still dressed in his blue scrubs.

"Are you going to change?" I asked looking down at him. His eyes were closed and he shook his head.

"Nope," he stated, "I'm too tired."

"Oh," I said. I looked over at the clock and noticed that I should probably go ahead and leave.

"I'm going to go back to my place," I said and he didn't respond. His arms were resting under his head and his chest was going up in down as he breathed.

I put the clothes that I wore yesterday back in and folded the ones he let me borrow into a neat pile in the bathroom. I quickly scribbled a note on a piece of paper I found and sat it on top of the clothes.

Before I left I grabbed a blanket and gently laid it on top of him.

------
My phone began to ring as I unlocked the door to my apartment. I slid my finger across the screen and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello," I said, opening my door. The line was quiet for a moment.

"Hey," Jenna said, "We need to talk."

"Yeah," I said, "What do you want to talk about?" I closed my door, locking it.

"Oh I don't know," she said sarcastically over the line, "Maybe the fact that my best friend is pregnant with my brother-in-law's baby."

I sighed, "What's there to explain? We had sex. I got pregnant. Boom science." I heard her scoff over the line.

"You know you don't have to be a bitch about it," she said.

I had sat my things down on the kitchen counter and was now sprawled on my couch. "Jenna," I said sweetly, "You know that's my specialty."

She gave me a laugh, "Wait no," she quickly regained herself, "I'm supposed to be mad at you."
"Right," I reassured her, "Do you want to come over?"

The line was quiet for a minute. I heard her talking to Will in the background, "You can bring Will if you want," I added.

"Okie dokie," I heard her say out in a bubbly tone, "See you in twenty." The line went dead signaling she hung up on me.

Paul jumped on the couch and snuggled against the side of my body. I rubbed his head and got off the couch, making sure not to disturb him.

I went to my room and threw on some creme colored sweatpants and a matching tank top. I threw on a long cardigan over the outfit and went to my kitchen waiting for Jenna to show up.

This would be fun.

A/N
I've been having some major writer's block, but I'm determined to finish this story!! I also made a Pinterest board for the story, so go check it out to see who've I'm imagining as my characters. Next chapter coming soon. Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)