"Do I need to plan a funeral?"

Unedited**
Harrison's POV:

"You did good," Dr. Hawkins says as we walk out of the operating room, "You handled that extremely well. Some panic and freeze, while others take action and accommodate to the new circumstances." I give a smile and look down.

"Thank you," he gives me a pat on the back before walking away. Hawkins just gave me a compliment. ME! For fifty years-yes he is very old- he has trained some of the best surgeons all over the U.S. and he gave me a compliment. I can't believe it.

I push open the break room door, and see Jay and Elise. Jay is playing some game on his phone and El is making herself a cup of coffee.

"Hey Jay," I  slip off my white coat, "El." They both give me a nod as I head to my locker. I quickly grab my phone from my locker and turn it on, and set it back down to grab my things.

Because of some complications, the surgery was longer than expected so i'm trying to get out of here as fast as I can to make it to mine and Lucy's dinner reservations.

"What's got you in a jiffy?" El asks me as she takes a sip from her coffee. Jay looks up from his phone.

"Who the fuck says 'jiffy'?" she waves him off and looks at me.

"I have dinner reservations at eight. I'm running a little late," I pull off my blue scrub shirt and grab the white button hanging up in my locker.

El gives me a confused look, "Harrison, it's eight-thirty. Whatever dinner you had... happened over thirty minutes ago." I stop buttoning my shirt and look up at her. Is she fucking with me?

"Yeah dude, it's eight-thirty," he looks back down at his phone, "That explains the buzzing coming from your locker for the past hour. It must've been whats-her-face calling."

"Lucy," I corrected him. Fuck! I pick my phone up and see five messages and three missed calls from her and a text from Jenna.

jenevieve: someone better have died asshole

Holy mother of Jesus, "I've gotta go." They both nod, and Jay gives me a toothy grin.

"Do I need to plan a funeral? Or will you be coming back alive," I flip him off and run out of the breakroom.

Funeral Jay. A funeral. Because i'm about to fucking die.

-------

I press the elevator button aggressively when a voice comes from behind me.

"I don't think punching the button is gonna make the thing come down any faster," I turn and face a guy around my height. He's wearing white face mask thing, but it looks like a white face paint, and is rolling a suitcase behind him.  I take a step back and shake my head.

"Sorry I'm in a rush," he stands beside me and shrugs. We both stand there quiet and awkward. I turn my head slightly toward him to get a quick look. There's something familiar about him that I can't quite pinpoint where i know him.

The elevator dings open and we both step on. I go to press the button for the fourth floor, pausing, I turn to him, "What floor?"

"I'm on the fourth floor," I nod, press the button and step back. I swear I know this guy, but I just don't know where from. Maybe we had a class together back in college. But then again, that was a long time ago.

    Once the elevator opens, I rush out and make my way to Luce's apartment. When I get to her door I start knocking. I assume she's home. I hope she's home. I keep knocking- annoyingly may I add- waiting for her to open up.