FIGHT FOR ME.

Heello peeps!!

Chapter is bit emotional and heartwrenching. Read at your own risk.
I know it's geeting too emotional in last few chapters but stay patience a coin has two sides so is the life ...if bad times comes it comes with something good in it.

So ,if you wanna skip you can skip this chapter if you can't read emotional and heart wrenching chapter...

Happy reading!!!

  I felt a hand on my shoulder again. Regaining my senses, I looked back to see ritik standing behind me looking at her. Dad approached her from the other side and was observing her with love and warmth in his eyes. Indeed, it’s hard for a father to see his daughter breathing with the help of a support system. And there I was, still holding her hand. The three of us, standing beside our dear avni, were praying hard, with all our heart and soul.

We have to take her for the scan,’ a feminine voice broke the silence in that room. She was the nurse who was in charge and had been to get the CT scan machine ready.

  She called the ward boy at the entrance for help and wheeled the stretcher to the scanner. It was a giant, white-coloured, wheel-like structure which I had seen earlier only in some movies. I was feeling apprehensive.

  ‘Help me to shift her to the scanner,’ the nurse said in a loud voice while assembling the ventilator tube.
We all helped in shifting her from the stretcher. I was standing on her left along with the nurse. Dad and ritik were at the other side. The ward boy too came and stood beside us in order to lift her. We all were at our positions, but I couldn’t understand how we would shift her with all the equipment and various tubes attached to her badly injured body.

  ‘Now,’ the nurse said, commanding all of us to lift her.

  All hands were at work that moment. Though Dad, ritik and I took utmost care in transferring her to the scanner, the nurse did not seem careful enough to me. She lifted her from the stretcher without giving any support to her neck and, moreover, the way she gripped her hand was definitely not right.
The saline tube has come out,’ the ward boy said.

  I jumped and caught hold of that tube to give it to the nurse as soon as possible so that she could fix it. But the nurse appeared too lazy to do that.

  ‘Please fix that thing first,’ I said to her.

  ‘Relax, sir. Everyday we handle many patients. Don’t worry,’ she said, arrogantly.

  ‘Yes, and that’s why you have become so callous,’ I said silently.

Avni had started showing some movement in her hands, which was gradually increasing, maybe because of the pain. In a little while, she was literally shaking her hands to get rid of the needles piercing her hand. Seeing her, I panicked and asked the nurse to do something.

  ‘She is in a sub-conscious state where everybody reacts this way. Nothing new,’ she answered, completely ignoring my panic.

  Maybe not for her, but it was definitely new for me. I was not able to stand seeing my better-half in that state. I was getting frustrated by the nurse’s behavior but I knew we were not in a position to do anything which might add to our miseries. I stood beside avni, holding her hands in mine in order to prevent her from taking off the saline and ventilator tubes.
Apart from you, everybody can leave this room,’ the nurse said pointing at me.

  ‘Why?’ neil asked her in a gentle tone.

  ‘We are going to begin the scan and usually we allow attendants to stay only if we need them. I need you to hold her hands throughout the scan or she might take off her saline needle,’ she explained.

  Dad, ritik and the ward boy left the room. The nurse closed the door from inside and gave me a sleeveless jacket, to protect me from the rays coming out of that giant white wheel, I think. She then went inside the control room to operate the machine. Back in this room, I was standing, holding my beloved’s hands, looking at her face. My heart bargaining with God, ‘Anything, but not her.’
Gradually I felt the strength with which she was trying to shake her hands. It was getting difficult for me to hold her firmly without hurting her. No one was around us. I steeled myself to hold her tight.

  And I started talking to her.

  ’Hey, dear. I am so sorry if I am hurting you, but this is for your good. I am doing this because I want you to get well soon. I am doing this because you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I don’t want to see that going away from me because I simply cannot think of living without you. Come back to me, please. Open your eyes and see, your neil is here for you.’
Holding her hands in mine, I bent down to whisper in her ears, ‘Fight. Avni Fight for me. For all of us. And I promise you, we will provide you the best hospital, the best doctors, the best medicine and the best care.’

  For rest of the few minutes, I kept seeing her face.

  Meanwhile, the nurse came in from the control room confirming that the scan was done. I realized that the sound coming from the machine wasn’t there any more. She opened the door and I saw Dad and ritik standing outside, looking at me.
With the help of the ward boy, we then shifted her back to the stretcher. This time, I took care to shift the saline pouch, the urine bag and the ventilator along with her. I didn’t want anybody to make any mistake this time. After shifting her back to the stretcher, the ward boy wheeled her out of the scan room. We too were walking along with them. Back at the entrance, I saw the reception lady again, looking at me. ‘I am sorry,’ I said and passed by her. On the way back to the ICU the nurse took a different route—an elevator that led to the ICU. Our entrance was prohibited. We stood there, seeing them taking her away.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Do vote and comment
And follow plshhh

Drop your views too....

♡♡♡