PRAYERS 🙏

Heyyaa peeps!!!

Enjoy reading!!!

=============================
[Here the new character which you read in last chappy ritik is one avni's college friend ,he knows all thing regarding avni and neil.//]

My heartbeats increased. Nitin then rushed off to see someone, probably a doctor and passed that call back to ritik .

  ‘ritik, tell me the truth. What has happened to her? Is she all right?’

  He was silent.

  ‘Speak up! Goddammit. She is fine na?’ I shouted at him. I could feel my feet shaking, losing their grip on ground. And I started rushing here and there in my room.
I don’t know, neil.’

  ‘What do you mean you don’t know?’

  He answered softly. ‘The cab got hit by some giant truck. The driver … the driver … he …’

  ‘What happened?’

  ‘He died on the spot.’

  ‘Oh God!’ That scared the hell out of me. ‘ritik. For heaven’s sake tell me about avni. Please ritik … Please.’

Avni is in the ICU. The doctor’s haven’t confirmed anything. She has suffered a lot of blood loss ….’

  I started screaming.

  ‘Was there anyone else in the cab?’ I further asked.

  ‘Yes, one more guy, who was sitting next to the driver. But he is fine. He has gotten some minor scratches. The car was completely smashed from the right side, leading to the fatal injuries to the driver on the front and avni who was sitting just behind the driver.’ ritik replied.

  Moments later, nitin returned and comforted me, saying that the doctors were taking care of her and they felt they would be able to get the situation under control.

  ‘All of us are here, neil. Don’t panic. She will be all right. The doctors are positive. I have just talked to them
Yes, nitin. She will be fine. I am sure she will be. She has to be,’ I whispered, praying that my words would come true.

  ‘Listen, I will call you up soon to update you on her condition. Right now I have to go and check out her medicines and other things.’

  ‘Yeah … yeah … ya … You just go ahead with what’s required. I’ll … I’ll wait for your call.’
Back in my room, I was still in shock, wondering if all that was real or just a nightmare and that when I woke up I would find avni was well.

  But, unfortunately, it was real.

  I felt suffocated. I was trying to breathe in as much air as possible. I opened all the windows, trying to make contact with the world outside my home. I was alone in my house. And that terrible shock was tearing at me in my loneliness. I called up my parents but disconnected the call before anyone took it, wondering how to give them this news. I wanted to get a grip on myself first. So many fears crowded my mind.
 I didn’t know what to do, so I rushed to the other room, to my worship-place. With my hands joined, I said to God, ‘No! Don’t make these bad thoughts come true. Please God. Not her. PLEASE.’

  Later that morning, I called my family to tell them. They did not believe what they heard first, but later helped me, saying she will be fine. I told them I was going to book the next available flight. For the rest of the day, I kept calling her family members. I was restless. I got my flight confirmed.
Before the day ended, I wrote an SMS and forwarded it to all my friends who were about to attend my ring ceremony.

  Friends, there is bad news.

  avni has met with an accident

  and everything else stands postponed.

  The next morning, I got up from my bed at around 6.30 though I had been awake since 5, struggling to get rid of all bad thoughts.
I went to my closet, opened it and, then, with my palms joined and eyes closed, I bowed my head in front of Guru Nanak’s picture which I kept on the first shelf. In my heart, I uttered, ‘Heal her wounds and make her well … Please! I know you can do that.’

  I stood there for a while. A little later, I opened my eyes, looked up and walked away, leaving the closet door open. On my way to the bathroom, I halted to see myself in the mirror beside my computer table. I looked scared and pale. A tear was still on my right eyelash. I wiped it off and, taking a deep breath and putting on a false smile, I said to the mirror, ‘Your sweetheart will be all right. She is such a sweet girl. God cannot be so cruel that He’ll harm her any more.’ Saying that  to myself, I rushed to the bathroom as I was getting late for my flight.
By 7.30 I was through with my bath. There was an hour left for me to get ready. Whatever I was doing, there were two names always on my lips: ‘avni’ and ‘God’.

 I went to the closet, picked up my prayer book and then sat on my cot with my legs crossed. For the next ten minutes, I prayed with utmost devotion and concentration. There was pin-drop silence in my room. In my prayer, I again begged God to save my avni and get her out of danger. With this, I bowed my head in front of the prayer book, wrapped it in its bag and kept it back in the closet with utmost care. Saying my prayer every morning had been my daily routine since college and, probably, today, I was subconsciously demanding the results of my prayers.
I did not feel like having breakfast. How could I, when my beloved was unconscious in the ICU? I skipped it and left for the airport.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

How's it?

Let's see what's in their fate?
Will God listen Neil's prayers??

Stay tune!!

Do vote and comment and follow..