Punishment

Hiii....

Enjoy reading

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

That evening, I asked her mischievously, ‘Hey! Do you mind talking in Punjabi? I never heard you fulfilling my expectations. Or are you going to start after our marriage?’ neil asked with a tease...

  ‘And if I say I won’t do that even after our marriage, what will you do?’ avni teased neil and laughed.

Neil's pov

I imagined her jumping off her bed and running to the window to catch a few raindrops.

  ‘Then I’ll take you back to your home in bikaner and leave you there.’neil teased again...

All avni said was, ‘Shona …?’

Neil's pov
I could hear the rain falling on the ground outside her window.

I realized what I landed up saying. My attempt at humor had badly failed. I did not know how to react.

Before I could say anything, avni said, ‘Shona, you carry on with the passage. See you later.’ And she hung up very quietly—something avni never did.

 I felt very uncomfortable, recalling the way I had reacted to her teasing. I could neither call her up to tell her that I didn’t mean what avni thought I meant, nor could I concentrate on my presentation . All my detailings for the next presentation were incorrect.

  Later that evening, around 7 p.m., I rode my bike to the nearest ATM to get some cash for my ticket back to delhi. It started drizzling—the first rain of the season. Now I could imagine how avni felt when she  had called me earlier. I got out of the queue in front of the ATM and dialed her number.

Hello?’ avni said. Her voice was shaking.

  avu ,’ I said.

  ‘Yes, Shona,’ she promptly responded.

Then I heard a choking noise which was enough for anyone to realize that she was crying.

  I could not say anything for a moment, during which her tears rolled down further.

Hey avni ! Please … Please don’t cry. I’m so sorry for having said those terrible words.’

She started sobbing loudly and I felt very ashamed for what I had done to the girl who wanted to hold my hands and dance with me in the rain.

I felt as if I had committed the greatest sin—making the sweetest girl on earth, who was only meant for me, cry. How could I have done that?

I hit the wall in front of me very hard. The people in the queue looked at me. I moved down the street to where there was no light.

  ‘I am so sorry avu . I am so sorry. Please don’t cry because of my stupid mistake.’

  Silence.

Avni didn't spoke anything...

Talk to me dear. Say something. Punish me but, for God’s sake, talk to me,’ and with that neil too started crying.

  After a while she managed to say, ‘Shona, you haven’t even taken me to your home yet and you’re talking of sending me back.’

  Her simple, innocent question left me speechless. Avni was crying, I was crying and the sky was crying with us. It started raining heavily.

It took you just a second to say that. But I am a girl. I will be leaving my parents, my brother and sisters, people with whom I have lived my life so far, my home, which holds so many memories, just to become yours. And you said that you will leave me.’

  ‘I’m stupid, I’m terrible. I really am,’  neil shouted, hitting a pole on the side of the street, crying loudly in that rain, not caring if anybody saw me.

The clouds thundered. The rain came down hard and noisy. And I kept hitting the pole and crying.

There must have been something wrong with me, for I had never cried that way.

And it’s probably the nature of the feminine heart to stop others from crying. So avni did what I should have done for her. She wiped my tears first.

  neil ,neil  … Please! I can hear you crying. Please don’t do that. Please … See, I’m talking to you. And no matter what, I am yours, just yours and even now I am with you. And if you want to see me happy, please don’t cry, neilu .’

The broken heart was comforting the heart that had broken it. Avni even made me laugh a little, later.

Then I said, ‘I feel sorry and I’m ashamed of myself for hurting you.’

  neil, do you know that, just like you, I too want to be with my family for ever. But because of the way our society and culture is, I have to leave them all. And I will do that, because I am in love with you and the person I need the most for the rest of my life, to take care of me, is you.’avni spoke with love..

  ‘I know that avni. I know that very well. I don’t know how I landed up saying that. I never felt it from my heart. You have all the right to punish me.’neil spoke wiping his tears...

Punishment?’ avni asked in a cute voice.

  ‘Yeah. It can be anything,’ neil said.

  ‘Where are you?’ avni  asked, and I felt her voice getting better.

  ‘I came to get some cash from the ATM. It’s two blocks away.’

‘Are there people at the ATM?’ avni asked

  ‘Yeah, there is a long queue.’

  ‘Go back to the ATM queue.’

  ‘Why?’

  ‘Just go there. It’s part of your punishment.’

  ‘All right,’  neil said and went back. ‘Yes. I am there.’

  ‘Ok. Now give me five kisses.’avni spoke giggling...

  ‘What!?’neil replied shockingly...

  neil!’ avni  said sternly, reminding me that I could not back out.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Precap:Embarrassed...

To target dene ka koi fyada hi nhi hai jb complete hi nhi hota to....

Do  vote nd comment, nd tell me how was the part...

Do follow....

Byee