Embarrassed

Hoi..

Double update.
.

Enjoy reading...

All right,’ I said and went back. ‘Yes. I am there.’

  ‘Ok. Now give me five kisses.’

  ‘What!?’

  neil she said sternly, reminding me that I could not back out.

  I had made her cry, and now I had to do what she wanted. I steeled myself and, ignoring the people around me, went ahead and gave her five loud kisses over the phone. I was the second last person in the queue and I kept my head bent to avoid contact with the surprised eyes which were staring at me.

  It was embarrassing, to say the least, but avni just laughed. And despite my embarrassment, I was happy to make her laugh again.

At the same time, I understood a girl’s situation, the sacrifices she makes for the man of her dreams. She leaves behind everything she possessed so far in life, to embrace him and his family. I asked myself how I would have felt if I was to leave my family for her.

Could I even think of leaving my family? How do girls do it? And, more importantly, why do only they have to do it? I didn’t have any answers. In due course of time, Avni taught me several such lessons. Gradually, she was changing me and my mindset

That evening, I did not withdraw any cash because the next moment, I noticed one of my neighbors standing in the queue, right ahead of me. His face made it clear that he had caught me kissing my phone.

  It is midnight, the last Saturday. I have come back home after watching a movie.

Avni and I had a quarrel in the afternoon and, because I couldn’t stand not talking to her, I went to watch a movie, thinking it would make me feel better. It did not.

Huff now i have left with one option...

Unable to stand it any longer, neil call her up in the middle of the night.

  avni  picks up my call with a laugh, making me realize that I couldn’t stand by my tough words—I said I would not be the first one to start talking again.

Moments later, even I join in her laughter. We are no longer quarreling. Later, she says something that touches my heart.

Neil Let’s make this a rule for our life after marriage. If we are together at home, then we will have dinner in the same plate, no matter what. Even if we had a terrible fight that day. We may not speak to each other, but sitting together … waiting for our turns to break the next bite of chapatti … the inadvertent touch of our hands as we eat … all this will calm our anger. Hai na?’ avni spoke with love...

It was the beginning of almost three months since we knew each other. I had talked to her entire family by then, and she had talked to mine.

  In fact, she had become a good friend of my mom.

Mom always wanted to have a daughter. Gradually, she started sharing her joys and sorrows with avni .  Even bebe was also happy that i choosed a daughter  a good daughter for them. She used to talk about my childhood, my nature, my likes and dislikes, the things that made me angry.

There were things about my mom which I had never known earlier.

But avni would tell me those things. Like any other son, I also love my mom, but the problem is that we never know when we become part of this male dominant society.

Avni  used to explain to me the nature of a woman and her expectations. She used to tell me what I should do for her when I went back home, on weekends. She used to give me tips. At times, she also used to shout at me if I forgot them. I had one more reason to be happy
, for avni understood the importance of relationships, she knew the importance of family and how to care for it.

She was indeed a good daughter and i am damn sure she will become a good wife too..

Avni made me enjoy every moment of my life: the good, the bad, the challenging. She made them all simply wonderful.

  ‘Talking at night used to be so romantic na?’ avni asked in her cute, innocent voice one morning.

Night! Night is really a beautiful time to talk, for love-birds. Parents are asleep by then. Siblings understand why they should not disturb you. And you? Holding your cellphone, you are alone in your bedroom, lying on your cosy bed in your shorts and a comfortable T-shirt, with the lights dimmed. Which means, you are completely with the person you are talking to.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Hope you liked the part.

I had written it earlier but was waiting for you votes then i remembered its of no use so i published today itself..

Do vote nd comment.

Nd do follow...

Byeee