Agreed..

Hoiii...

Enjoy reading

After lunch, I somehow gathered enough courage to initiate the dreaded conversation. Even though I thought it was quite bizarre to ask my parents how they met and married each other, I could not think of a better way to bring up the subject.

  ‘Mom, tell me one thing. How did you guys find each other and end up marrying?’ I asked.

Bebe passed a smile to me...

  Mom and dad looked at each other, then at me and smiled.

Parents are smart, and what we don’t know is that they know what is going on in our minds. They had probably read, very easily, what the marquee on my forehead was displaying.

Still, they narrated their story, and the moment that was over

Oye tillu chal ab tu bta humein ki teri kahani kya hai...mom asked...

  I wondered if I should hide my face in the cushions, or say, ‘My story …? I don’t have any,’ before my brain angrily told me, ‘Come on, speak up, you fool! Neil khanna come one u can't lose this opportunity...otherwise lady don will kill me this time.....

  And, fortunately, gathering all my shy courage, I narrated my story so far.

I even showed them her picture. I was expecting a lot of ifs and buts from my parents, but to my surprise nothing of that sort happened.

Even Nikhil had asked me more questions than my parents asked!

Instead of me my brother was more excited to know about avni....

Mom was happy because, finally, her son was thinking about marriage. Dad was happy because the toughest part—searching for a girl of his son’s choice—was over.

He was relieved, though he tried to sound quite diplomatic. I was happy because, finally, I was able to get this thing out of my heart and place it in front of everybody. And nikhil, he was observing everybody’s reactions.

He doesn’t get influenced easily, and that’s something I both like and dislike in him.

A couple of questions from both mom and dad, which I answered with confidence, and that was it. I had never thought that this toughest of hurdles would be over so quickly.

  But before we left for Mumbai back, on Sunday night, at the bus stop...

Hum khud dekhna chahenge puttar teri pasand lekin main is baat ko leke khush hu ki tum shadi ko leke serious to hue ....jeeta rah puttar..dad said..

Haan puttar mujhe to ab jldi se meri bahu se milna hai main bhi dekhu mere tillu ne kaisi ldki pasand krke laya hai...

No issues. I understand your point,’ I said to them.

  Monday morning, I reached my other home in Mumbai. Stretching out on my bed, I called Avni up.

Mission accomplished,’ I said, waking her up. Those two words conveyed everything to her. And what did I get in response? A fusillade of kisses. The last ones were real passionate. That was the first time she kissed me on phone.

  ‘Oh boy! So loud? No one is around, haan?’ I asked teasingly

  avni didn’t answer my question but said, ‘I feel like pulling you into my bed right now and kissing you madly....

Wow! She was so happy, mad and comfortable, knowing that I had finally told my family about her.

  Another milestone in our love story was crossed. Both our families now knew about our affair.

And, as usual, I was happy because my ladydon was happy. But, as they say, ‘Love is a blend of different emotions.’ Soon an evening came when I made her cry.
And then I cried because she was crying.

It was another weekend and I was in my room, sitting in the verandah, busy with my presentation. I was annoyed, having giving a very worst presentation . I was about to try again another presentation when avni called...

  ‘Hey, hi …’I said in a depressed tone.

What is my baby doing?’ avni  asked.

I loved it when avni  talked that way, when she called me ‘baby’ in her cutest voice. It sounded so caring. As if she had taken over all the responsibility of looking after me i said smiling shyly..

Presentation is screwing up your baby and I’m in a very bad mood.’

  ‘Then talk to me for a while and you’ll be in a good mood again.’ avni said in joyous manner...

  ‘No dear. I want to start a  new presentation and present better this time. Only that will change my mood. Can we talk at night … please?’i requested...

Hmm … Ok. See you later. But at least say one good thing before hanging up.’

  There were so many things specific to Avni, the little things that were important to her. Like this unique idea of listening to one good thing before we hung up. I liked it, most of the time, unless I was too tired to think up something new and good for her.

Avni! Please understand. My mind isn’t working. I can’t think of anything good at this moment. I’ll tell you two good things at night. Ok?’

  ‘Ok. You take care.’

  ‘Bye.’

  ‘Bye nahin, see you,’ avni corrected me again.

  ‘Oh yes. See you,’ and I hung up, still in a bad mood.

Hardly fifteen minutes had passed when I heard my cellphone ringing again. It was  avni .

  ‘Now what?’ My voice was a little loud.

  ‘You know why I called you earlier?’

  ‘Oho …! Why?’ I was annoyed.

  ‘Because it’s raining here. And I feel like holding your hands and dancing in the rain.’

  avni!’ My voice grew louder.

  ‘Ok baba, I’m sorry. See you later,’ she said, innocently.

She was about to hang up when I felt bad about how I behaved and said, ‘Hey wait. We can talk for a while. I needed a break from this damned presentation thing.’

  And avni was happy again.

  In a little while, the focus of our conversation changed from rain to our promises and priorities.

The things we wanted to accept and the things we wanted to give up, for each other. No boozing until she was comfortable with it,  And talking to me and my family in Punjabi was the most important task I put on  on her plate.

Whereas, my ears badly wanted to hear the language which I was brought up around. None of our expectations were forced upon each other, though. It was mutual understanding, an attempt to do the best we could for each other. After all, we were supposed to live together for the rest of our lives.

=============================
Precap:Neil's teasing...
Avni's silence...

Hope u like the part...

Guys I am getting very less votes...
I am giving daily update but still i don't get much votes...views are there but not votes..so please do vote...
I am keeping target .I will only update after the target completes...

Target:65 votes..

Byeee