Chapter 16

Jason

If I was being honest, I didn't really enjoy Christmas. Not on a personal level, I mean.

I didn't care for the lights, decoration, family gatherings, reindeer and Santa ornaments... I didn't even care for the presents.

But; the one thing I did like about the holidays had all to do with the bouncing ball of excitement standing beside me.

Justin had more than enough decorations in his arms to cover himself, let alone to tree. Not that he would have minded being decorated like a tree anyway.

I gently grabbed the tinsel and random objects that were going to be put up, all thanks to Felicity. She could have bought simple decorations, but she made the mistake of allowing Justin to pick what he wanted on the tree.

Two-Hundred dollars later; we were now home, setting everything up.

Hunter and Derek were opening the decorations, handing them to Justin, while Felicity and Derek went off to make us some hot beverages.

Pattie had already cleaned the remains of the last tree, and had the twins baby gate up to keep them from getting to the new tree.

Justin huffed, attempting to place an angel ornament up a little higher than he could reach. I stood behind him, grabbing his waist, before hoisting him up just enough for him to place it where it needed to be.

"Thanks!" Justin beamed, before Felicity and Spencer emerged from the kitchen with a tray of hot chocolates, and a handful of cookies.

"Why don't we take a break from the tree?" Spencer offered a hot drink to Justin first, which he excitedly reached out for, almost knocking it out of Spencer's hand, "Whoa, careful." He warned softly.

Justin pouted, but calmed down enough to grab the drink.

I chuckled, reaching over and grabbing one from the tray, just as Felicity and Hunter did.

"Hot chocolate, Derek?" Spencer glanced towards the most quiet boy in the room...

Ha, now that I think about it, Derek had been extremely quiet since we came back... maybe that creepy dude running the tree farm set off a mood or something?

Derek sighed, "Sure." He grabbed one of the last two mugs, before sitting down on the sofa.

Hunter hummed, following him and sitting beside him, "Why don't we see if there's a Christmas movie on?"

"WE COULD WATCH THE GRINCH!" Justin squealed loudly, a chocolate milk moustache sitting on his upper lip.

Maybe I could lick it off-

"Not the cartoon one. I'll settle for the Jim Carey one, yeah?" Spencer chuckled, sitting down on the two seat sofa with Felicity.

"Agreed!" I nodded, not exactly in the mood for an animated movie, but I could watch any Jim Carey movie.

Justin pouted, but handed me his mug before running off to grab said DVD from his room. 

I took a seat on the opposite end of the sofa Derek and Hunter were on, placing the two mugs in my hand on the coffee table in front  of it.