Chapter Six

Jason's POV

I woke up to the sound of laughter coming from down the hall. (really obnoxiously loud laughter, to be exact.)

I sighed, sitting up in my bed, rubbing my tired eyes before I looked at the time. 8.56am.

Still early? It wasn't even nine and everyone seemed to be awake. Then again, I was up really early yesterday

I was still tired, but I knew I should probably get up now.

As I gained the energy to get up and leave my bedroom, I made my way down the hall to where Derek, Hunter, Nash and Ashton were all talking and joking about God knows what.

I went straight to the fridge, grabbing the juice carton, and drinking from it like the pig I can be. (Who needs a cup when it's so much nicer to just drink from the carton?)

"Oh come on, are you serious?" Nash whined as he spots me from the lounge area. I honestly hate how small this apartment was.

I smiled innocently at him, "What?"

"Other people drink from that." He argued, while I shrugged in response.

I shrugged, before Derek jumped up from the couch, heading over to me.

"So, my sweet old step bro." Derek smiled, "How ya been?"

"Drained from working, what do you want?" I narrowed my eyes.

"What? I'm just being nice." Derek argued with a huff.

"Yeah, when have you ever referred to me as a 'sweet step bro'?" I snorted.

Derek shrugged, chuckling lightly, "Okay, you got me... Actually, I just wanted to know if you and-" Derek cringed, "My baby, innocent, young brother-" He eyed me, "Was still, you know... Innocent?"

"Are you asking if we've had sex?" I rose a brow, causing Derek to blush and gag at the thought.

"Highly unlikely!" Ashton piped up from the lounge, obviously listening in.

Nash joined him with a grin, "Jason doesn't go any further than a Hickey."

"Okay, still don't approve." Derek stated as Hunter walked over, wrapping an arm around him, earning a small smile from Derek in return.

"The door is right there if you don't wanna accept it." I smirked cheekily.

"Ugh." Derek rolled his eyes, "I can't help it. He doesn't understand the concept of relationship's-"

"When are you going to stop saying that?" I groaned, "He understands what love is. He knows how relationships work. He celebrates valentines day trying to do things he finds appropriate for boyfriends, and he doesn't flirt with other boys no matter how 'Cute' he finds them." I rambled, with a slight glare.

"Alright, whatever. I'll believe it when I see it." Derek sighed.

I huffed in return.

"Don't worry, Derek's just cranky. He hasn't got enough sleep." Hunter sent me a smile, nudging Derek a little,before placing a kiss on his cheek, "In my opinion, I think Justin knows exactly what being in a relationship is. He is openly affectionate naturally, and I've seen the way he's warmed up to you." Hunter licked his lips.

I shrugged, nodding, "Derek needs to get that in his head."

"I-" Derek began, but much to my relief, a knock came from the door.

"Shut up." I laughed, heading towards the door to see who was there, beating Ashton to it.

Once the door was open, I rose a brow.

"Niall? Liam?" I asked in confusion.

I was surprised to see Niall standing there, just as much as I was surprised to see Liam. I wasn't friends with either, despite Spencer being best friends with Liam, and Justin best friends with Niall.

Liam shoved a duffel bag into my arms, his face hard as he firmly spoke, "Justin insisted on a sleepover, and apparently he wanted it here. You do anything to make Niall uncomfortable or upset, I'll be down here in seconds to rip you to shreds , understood?"

I was speechless as Niall giggled, bouncing on his toes, "I have marshmallows and chocolate!" he informed me in a cheerful tone.

"Wait, I didn't know anything about this..." I argued.

"You remember how to use the phone, Niall. Call me straight away if there is a problem." Liam ruffled Niall's hair as Niall pushed passed me to get inside.

"You arent just gonna leave him? It's a school night... Shouldn't he be in school-"

"I suppose you didn't get the story, then?" Liam cut me off, checking his phone, "Niall and Justin were kicked out of school yesterday. Justin defended my brother, so I'm allowing Niall to stay over as a thank you to Justin."

"Justin isn't here... And what?" I gaped at the information I definitely wasn't aware of.

"Your dad is dropping him off soon. I gotta get to work. Be nice to Niall." Liam shrugged, before he began to walk off down the hall.

My heart began to race in worry. Is Justin alright? What the hell happened?