Chapter 32 - Adrianna

When I wake up, I have come to find that I am no longer on the hard floor, but on the soft couch wrapped in a thick blue blanket. Across from me is Brooks but on another couch. It's already day time and I need to get ready. I'm supposed to go shopping for a dress to wear to the Cinco de Mayo event.

Once I finally find a bathroom I brush my teeth and then change into a grey pencil skirt with a simple lavender blouse. Thank god I always brought a pair of flats with me, because my Louboutins are done for. Now that my outfit is completed I do my makeup and add my usual curls to my hair. I've always been the type of person to pack as if I'll be stranded for weeks.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I feel ready to start the day. Yesterday was a lot. Not only did I go out and kill a bunch of people but I saw the vile man from the club. Luckily, I was able to get Brooks off my back about it. For a while I was worried he had thought I had betrayed him. I'm aware that telling him the truth might have just smoothed away any problems but I didn't want to get Brooks involved. In the end I got out of the situation and that was that.

In addition to yesterday, Brooks had opened up so much to me. Quiet tragic, about what he has gone through. And the strangest part of it all was that he didn't seem to be hesitant to inform me, which was nice, but if I had been in his shoes I could never. I have certainty that I could trust him, but regardless of my assurance I prefer to keep things to myself.

"You must be Adrianna!" A man's deep voice breaks my thoughts. I now realize I have no idea where I am. Standing in front of me, the older man is dressed in a red robe with striped pajamas. His slippers have the letters LA embroidered in gold on top.

"Where are my manners, I'm Levi Abernathy, Brooks father."

Brooks father! Oh my gosh, I must look like another one of Brooks one night stands with my presence still in the house. Sophia made that clear to me yesterday.

I smile politely and reach out to shake his hand. "Mr. Abernathy, it's a pleasure to meet you. I was just on my way out. My apologies for disrupting your morning, but I spent the night after a late night of work with Brooks." I hope my apology is acceptable. The last thing I need is the ex-drug leader hating me.

"My dear, why are you sorry? I could care less that your still here. In fact I prefer you than any other person my children tend to bring in. Join me for some breakfast, would you?"

I accept his offer and follow him into the dinning room.

---

I believe I have almost meet everyone in Brooks family, except his brother. His father is quite friendly and has not stopped talking about his family. Occasionally, he'll compliment me on some of my achievements as well, which is more than parents ever have in my entire life. We have already passed the use of calling one another by our last names. Mr. Abernathy instructed that I call him by his first name, Levi.

My tea is nearly done, when Brooks walks in. No, a shirtless Brooks with messy hair, saunters in. Typically Brooks is dressed in fitting clothes that allows me to understand that he is pretty fit. I've never really put much thought into his appearance. But right now all I can see are the heavenly abs he was blessed with. Holy shit, they have like high definition. Catching myself before anyone else can I direct my attention back to my tea.

"Brooks throw on a shirt, its nearly 8 in the morning. No need to be slacking on time."

"Eight? Why the fuck did you get up so early? And how are you already dressed?" Brooks stretches his arms outward and lets out a big morning yawn.

Levi gives me a look of amusement and then goes back to eating his pancakes topped with berries.

"Well, some of us have places to be and people to see," I boast.