Chapter 22 - Brooks

"We could continue to torture the Russian until he dies," says one of my men in a questionable tone. Rubbing my temples in frustration I look away from my men at the table in order to prevent myself from killing one of them for being stupid. Sometimes I question whether or not I should just kill everyone.

"I know it's Monday morning fucktards, but can anyone think of one good idea." This morning I called for a meeting in the conference room so that we can strategize for this missing coke shipment. And it's not the one from last time. A second one went missing. I found out Sunday afternoon after I went by Adrianna's office. Lorenzo broke the news to me right as I entered the front door. After that I don't remember what happened. All I knew was that by the end of the night Lorenzo had to call one of our clean up crews to come and dispose of all the bodies and mess I made. I'm not a person you can piss of easily but everyone now and then someone will do something to stupid for me to ignore.

A stillness fills the room as I continue to wait. I stare down each of the men with an expressionless face. Each time I make eye contact with one of them, they slightly flinch and then quickly look away. I want to laugh at their fear but I don't want to give them a chance to feel even the slightest bit okay in my presence.

It's so quiet in here that I can hear each tik from the clock. We've been sitting here for almost 15 minutes now and I've about had it. I shake my head in disappointment and reach towards my holster to take out my glock 19. I carefully place it one the table and then clasp my hands together. If I have to kill each one of them till I can get a solid idea, then so be it.

Just as I'm about to get to the fun Lorenzo bursts in and walks into my direction with a stack of papers. Once he reaches me he slams them down in front of me and happily says, "Your not going to fucking believe it, but I got some good news!"

Rather than glancing at the files he gave me I continue to look him in the eyes and wait for what he has to say. Lorenzo instantly gets the hint that I'm not going to read the files and clears his throat. He brushes through his curly hair and then begins. "Okay so I took the russians phone and had a hacker go in and look for anything that would help us. For a while there was just a bunch of random shit until this morning we found a few text messages in some type of code featuring different languages. Turns out they mixed both russian and spanish to discuss about where they were going to steal their next shipment."

"And," I say while waiting for him to continue.

"And it's this friday at the Lodge Warehouse. They are taking some weed and heroin from one of the smaller gangs but it's a great opportunity for us to infiltrate."

When he finishes I turn to all the other men and point towards the door, "Alright get the fuck out and get back to work." Quickly, they all scatter and leave Lorenzo and I to business. Taking the seat next to me Lorenzo points at my gun and then gives me a look that asks if I was going to use it. "I was just about to," I say and we both chuckle. Lorenzo and I have both always had a sick sense of humor, it's how we connected as friends.

"Alright," I say, "We'll be there on Friday with a team of men. We gotta try and find who's in charge or if it comes down to it capture another one of their men."

"Sounds good," Lorenzo says. He scoots his chair back and then picks his legs up to rest them against the table and pulls out his phone. Like a teenager, he began grinning while texting. A dumb smile plays along his face and it disgusts me. I don't even need to ask who he's texting, I already know.

"Your pussy-whipped," I remark. Lorenzo looks up from his phone and then flips me off.

"Don't be jealous."