Chapter 3 - Adrianna

Morning rays begin to seep through from the window balcony and onto my face. The silky bed sheets are cold and feel good onto my warm skin. My eyes have yet to open facing me with yet another day to come. Rolling around in bed I stretch my arms and legs from the exhaustition of last night. I didn't get home until nearly three in the morning. When I finally get up from bed I walk over to the balcony. Soft pastel oranges and pinks are slowly fading away and allowing the blue to enter the atmosphere. With the beach in the far distance the whole picture adds together nicely. Fortunately I'm able to wake up to this view each morning.

Just when I thought things couldn't get better the heavenly smell of french toast fills my nostrils. Rapidly I throw on my morning robe, grab my phone, and race into my kitchen where Joe, my personal chef, is making breakfast.

"Joe, I honestly don't know what I would do without you. You are my purpose for waking up in the morning!"

He laughs and thanks me for the compliment. Joe is a pretty quiet person, but he listens to me a lot. When he places the toast in front of me with my green tea I nearly have an orgasm from the smell alone.

"Would you like anything else mam?" Joe asks me.

"No you have done plenty," I answer, "In fact you may take the rest of the day off. I'll just order some take out for the night. Go spend time with your family."

"Thank you," he nods his head gesturing his gratitude and leaves me in peace with my food.

Grabbing my fork I place a huge piece of toast onto my utensil and prepare myself for a sweet taste. Just as I am about to take a bite the annoying sound of my phone ringing interrupts me. When I glance at the caller I come to find its my mother. I roll my eyes and answer the call.

"Hello mother, how was--"

"Would you care to explain to me what charity event takes place in a casino. Why the fuck were you at the écarlate last night. Oh, and why on earth where you spotted out with Brooks Abernathy?"

Damn the media I think to myself. "Mother I--," before I can explain myself she begins yelling at me again.

"I don't want to hear it right now Adrianna. Get your ass over here so you can explain to your father and I about your trashy behavior. And come dressed presentable incase the press sees. We don't want you looking like you were out partying."

With that her phone call ends. I close my eyes and inhale a large breath. Going to my parents' place is not what I envisioned for the day.

I quickly devour my food leaving me ample time to get ready. If I ever showed up slightly underdressed I would never hear the end of it from my mother. But at this point dressing presentable has practically become my religion.

---

After driving for some time I finally arrive to my childhood home, in Beverly Hills. The palm trees still remain in the front of the house directing towards the front entrance. The gold water fountain spouts out refreshing water. The steps leading up to the house look as if they have never been stepped on and the beige colored mansion is nicely complimented by the golden pieces of arhitect surrounding the perimeter.

Entering the house, after parking my car, I am greeted by the many maids my parents have hired over the years. The silent home was still and did not hold any mentions of life, until the sound of my mother's voice begins to enter the foyer.

Poised as always my mother walks in and eyes me with disgust. To be honest I don't remember the last time she smiled at me.

"Adrianna, is this the best you could give me?" she comments while pointing at my outfit. I quickly glance down at my fitting button up white blouse with pink business pants. My heels are a nude pair of Louboutins, the whole outfit goes well together and shouts spring.

Not wanting to bother her anymore I decide upon not speaking and wait for her response. Crossing her arms with dissatisfaction she remarks, "Oh well, hurry up and follow me so we can meet up with your father in the backyard.

Greeted by a bottle of whiskey in his hand, my father had already begun his drinking for the day.

"Now what are we going to about you now Adrianna?" says my mother.

"Mom I am fully aware on how it looks but trust me I was not conversing with that Brooks gentleman. I have no idea who he is. We talked for only a moment and nothing more. Trust me all is fine."

"Fine," she mimics me. "I don't care if you never see him again, but you talking to him for one moment can ruin your reputation. Are you aware of what he does for business?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing is reciprocated, I can't answer her question.

She looks to my father for assistance but when he doesn't acknowledge her she speaks for both of them, "Brooks Abernathy is the son of Theodore Abernathy, one of the largest international drug tradesman. Although they are very subtle everyone is aware to keep their distance. Five years ago Brooks took over for his father and has flourished their businesses worths. He is no man to be affiliated with let alone seen with. Thankfully we can get the press to disclose this but next time I don't know what we will do." Right before I believe she is about to finish she continues, "And next time you tell us you are at a "fundraiser" and we find you elsewhere I won't hesitate in punishing you like when you were a child. You have priorities and expectations to meet. Being a slut is not one of them. So next time think about your actions. God sometimes your so stupid and useless."

Digesting all the information she disclosed to me before insulting me has a lightbulb shining on the top of my head. An idea that could lead me six feet under, but an opportunity that could be more than beneficial. This man is not the stupid loser who I belived couldn't play black jack. Brooks Abernathy was a powerful man who would soon become my alli in times to come.