Chapter 19 - Brooks

Watching Adrianna down her shot confirms with me that she is in. Having her here doesn't just mean I get the satisfaction of watching her give in, but it also means that I can see her unravel. The woman spends her time trying to be perfect. Dressing in the purest colors, speaking with only kindest words, and ensuring that no one ever gets a glimpse of her bad side. I work hard but nearly no where near her. I don't know how she can keep up with the endless loop of playing without imperfection.

By the time I know it the both of us have conquered 6 shots and two bears. Neither of us our drunk but we both have a good buzz.

"You know I should teach you spanish!" Adrianna sounds excited at the thought.

"Okay, well let's start now."

"Really," she shrieks while almost falling off her seat. I help steady her.

"Sorry, I haven't even been close to being buzzed in so long. I don't remember when was the last time I was drunk." I can't wait to see this girl plastered and dancing around without a care.

"Well you are loco, because getting drunk can really feel good sometimes."

"Locaaa," she corrects me while slurring her words.

"That's what I said."

"No you said loco, which is masculine. Loca is feminine."

"Oh, whatever at least I'm trying."

Adrianna lets out a little giggle and brushes her hair out of her face with both hands. She has a stupid smile plastered onto her face and is just staring at me.

"What?"

She keeps staring for a few moments and then brings herself closer to my face. Her hands are on her knees and she turns her head to the right.

"Your eyes are so blue. Like I've always noticed that they've been blue but like they just seem so vibrant right now. If they were an ocean I would just be lost in them." I can't help but smile and lean in closer to her. At this point they are nearly nose to nose. My hands rest over her small ones and our knees are touching. "Well did you know that you only have one dimple?" She flashes her teeth at me and asks, "Which side?" "The right," I responded. Seconds of us staring passes until I feel her dainty hand move from under mine and come in contact with the left side of my check. Retorting to her action I back away look at her with shock. "Ha," she shouts, "Made you blink." We were playing a staring contest? "I'm getting you back fucker," I say while pointing my finger at her.

Now we both begin laughing, until we are interrupted by the bartender. He places down an elegant looking glass filled with pink looking liquid. On the rim of the glass is a lime colored lemon peel.

"A cosmopolitan for the lady." Adrianna looks at me confused and turns back to the waiter. "I didn't order this."

"It's from the gentlemen at the table over there," the waiter says, lifting his gaze towards the direction of the man. Adrianna quickly swivels around in her chair and searches for the man. When she makes eye contact she sends him a flirtatious wave and turns back to the drink. She shrugs her shoulders and remarks, "Well it was free!"

Flirty Adrianna is someone new to me and I want to see how far she'll go.

"You should go and thank him for the drink," I say while raising my eyebrows up and down.

She licks her lips after taking a ship and shakes her head no.

"Why not, he's suitable and besides you're just saying thank you."

"No," she simply says.

"Come on, what just happened to fun Adrianna."

"Just because I'm letting go for a bit doesn't mean I'm going to completely let loose and hook up with any random person."

"I didn't say you had to hook up with him, just flirt." She shakes her head again and then downs the rest of her drink. I exhale a deep breath and glare at her.

"Well then why don't you find someone to play with rather than pressuring me."

I scan my eyes around my perimeter and whisper, "There's no here worth my time."

She lets out a short laugh and says, "I'm sorry we didn't end up at a Victoria's Secret show."

"Haha, very funny." Adrianna gives me a smug face and then peers over my shoulder with the corner of her eye. "How about the pretty brunette over thats been eye fucking you for the past few minutes. Glancing over my shoulder I find that the brunette she's talking about is indeed staring at me. She is with a few of her friends and begins to bat her eyes. I give her a wink and turn back to Adrianna. "Nah, I'm good."

Adrianna pouts her lips together and places her head on her hand. "Pussy," she remarks.

I place my hand over my chest and ask, "Me?"

Playing with her glass, Adrianna outlines the rim with her pointer finger and smirks.

"Alright you little daredevil, I'll dance with the girl if you dance with the man who bought you the beverage."

"Okay," she agrees. "But, I don't play easy to get. We gotta make them both jealous."

Before I can question how Adrianna pulls my arm and leads me to the dance floor. Walking in front of me she sways her hips left to right, reminding me of the night when she was in the gold dress. Instead of turning around she stops and then backs her hips onto me. The thin fabric of her dress allows me to feel the warmth of her body. Smoothly, she danced to the music and was in sync to the rhythm. I joined her but had no skills compared to her. When Adrianna turned around to face me she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and continued. She looked around for a moment to see if she had gained the man's attention but focused on me seconds later. And in that moment, for a second,when her eyes met mine, I saw the joy that she had been withholding. Those brown irises were filled with life. I smiled back at her and turned her around. Trailing my hands from her thighs up to her hips I leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Well, I guess you can be quite the seductress." She responded by grinding her hips onto my front while saying, "When I choose to be."

Usually at this point, with any random girl, I would have taken them back to my hotel and fucked them. But, with Adrianna it was different, she was different. With her it didn't have to be sexual or romantic. We could both fuck around and not have to worry about others judging. And I know I just met her but it was nice knowing someone who was once a stranger could become someone I trust and enjoy myself with. As we danced, everything beyond us seemed to fade. The girl in front of me, surrounded by the blue shades of light, swaying to the music, with long brown hair was someone I knew that I would like to have for time to come. 

Playing with Fireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें