Chapter 5 - Brooks

"I swear to god Jamal, if you don't spill where you sent my shipment of coke I will not hesitate in putting this bullet through your head and then using your body as a target range for others to practice on," I vocalize in a frustrated tone. My gun is positioned to the sweaty man's temple as he shakes in fear. I've spent the past thirty minutes trying to get a word out of him. When he doesn't speak I get fed up of his quietness and shoot him. The shot echoes around the room and instantly a few drops of his crimson colored blood are splattered onto my white button up. His body becomes lifeless and is now taking up room.

"Lorenzo," I shout from down in the basement.

"Yeah, whats up," he asks stepping through the doorway.

"I don't care what the fuck you guys do with body but get it out of my sight and call everyone up for a meeting."

He nods in an understanding and begins to discard of the man. I'm not a man with little patience and bad temper, but when someone messes with my shit and decides to lie to me they have it coming.

After sometime everyone is in the boardroom and I take my seat in my chair at the head of the table. "Alright fuckers," I start off, "I'm aware that we have a wide variety of trading partners, but I 'd like to widen our horizons. The Mexian mafia has agreed to ally with us, but we need to get signed approval from their president, but that's the problem he doesn't want drugs going in and out anymore. We somehow need to obtain his agreeance. In addition to this we need an approval from someone wealthy or with status from this country with correlation to theirs in order for it to look like a deal was taken place from someone other than us and the mafia. Any suggestions?"

Silence is all I get from the men. I glimpse over to Lorenzo, my second hand man, and see that he is just as clueless as everyone else.

"I'm surrounded by idiots," I mumble to myself.

As I'm about to speak there is a knock on the boardroom door. Everyone's head turns towards the noise and awaits for my response. "Meeting dismissed for now. I want a proposal by tomorrow. Lorenzo stay." In unison, all the others leave and finally one of the new recruits comes through the door.

"Boss?" the boy says in a panicked tone.

"Yes?" I question him in an intimidating manner.

"This just came in for you," he says while holding out the blank looking envelope.

Lorenzo stands up from his seat and grabs the envelope, "Who brought it?" he asks.

After hearing the question the new recruits face shrinks as he begins to ponder. "I'm not sure just some man in a nice car. He claimed it was urgent. I'm sorry boss." The boy is practically shitting himself in fear, and it's providing me so much humor.

"That'll do next time get all the information or I won't hesitate in sending you down into the basement for not doing your job correctly."

"Yes boss," he whispers while leaving. Once the boy is gone Lorenzo and I break out into uncontrollable laughter. My eyes brim with tears from how much joy that brought me. "Holy fuck," Lorenzo cries, "That was so fucking funny. I thought he was going to end up pissing himself." Soon after the laughter dies out and we sit in silence for a few seconds digesting the hilarious moment. Looking back up to each other we can't hold it in and begin cackling hysterically again.

"Okay, okay enough," I say and add, "So what did the boy bring?"

"Well only one way to find out," Lorenzo says while opening the letter. As he does this, I notice that the envelope itself is black velvet. Where the fuck did this come from? Who has time for this it's already over the top to start with.

"Please join us in honor of our beautiful daughter Adrianna's 24th birthday on April 17th, at the 1 Oak club. The dress code is Black and White," Lorenzo reads. Confusion is painted onto both of our faces. "Is this an invite to the annual Luna birthday party," Lorezo asks. "If so, aren't these only given out to particular people. And by that I mean not people who are typically resonated with crime?"

Never in the past had we been invited to one of the family's parties. This could not have been given to us from the Luna parents themselves so that leaves one person, Adrianna. But why would she do that she made it clear just yesterday for me to stay away from her.

"This has to be some type of set up or Adrianna wants something," I comment.

"Probably her money she lost. No point in going," Lorenzo jokes.

I grinned at his comment and tilt back into my chair while putting my legs up onto the wood table. Thinking back to that night, Lorenzo's comment makes the most sense. Going to this party could be just a waste of my time. Trying to convince myself upon going a strong desire inside is telling me to just go. What's the worst that could happen? Her family has loads of money, so maybe this could be an excuse to have some fun. When I say this a light bulb flashes. This may be more beneficial than I thought.

"Actually, Lorenzo I think we will make an appearance. Something tells me that more will come out of just partying saturday night." We both grinned at each other after my statement and begin planning for the party.