Chapter 14- Brooks

"Brooks, are you up?" The voice sounds hazy and distant. I'm not sure if I'm actually being spoken to or if I'm still sleeping. The warmth from my bed puts me back into slumber only to be awoken seconds later to a pounding at the door.

"Brooks, you must get up Miss. Luna is already here and waiting!"

Why do I have to get up so early in the morning and why is Adrianna here? God damn, I can never just sleep in. Why can't the woman do the same and take a break. Adrianna can be so... shit, I forgot that we were training today. Trying to get up as quickly as possible a heavy weight holds me down. "What the fuck," I think to myself. Glancing over to my side I notice Lily clinging to my body. Her hold is tight and when I try to break free of her grip it tightens. I know I just began sleeping with Lily but I need to stop because she is getting so clingy. Her voice is also irritating the shit out of me.

Finally breaking free from her hold I get up and begin searching for clothes. Lily hears the ruckus I'm making. She yawns and says, "Baby, where are you going? I want to sleep in more." Ignoring her I settle on a pair of black joggers and a fitting workout shirt. Quickly, I rush to the restroom to brush my teeth. As I'm in the midst of brushing a pair of arms clasps onto my abdomen. I push Lily off me gently and continue with my brushing.

"Babe, why are you in such a rush?"

"Look Lily, this was fun but we aren't dating so If you could please leave I have more important things to attend to."

She doesn't let go and instead starts whining. Her grip tightens and she begins to hold onto my leg. I stop brushing to look down at the childlike behavior she's outputting. I swear a 5 year old at a candy store would act better than her.

"How about this Lily you get changed, leave my house, and then I'll give you a call later," I lie.

The whiny girl squeals and leaves to get dressed. Well, that was easier than I thought. Once I finish brushing and head back into my room I find that Lily is gone. Heading out of the room the halls scrambling around, per usual.

When I finally enter the workout room I come to find Adrianna is already there and waiting.

"Took you long enough," she says while looking down at her phone. As she looked down at her phone I looked up and down at her figure. Her physique was complimented in her white leggings that encased each curve on her body. The grey top was also fitting and did the same as the leggings. Pulled into a ponytail her hair was put up with not one strand of out of place, and not one ounce of makeup was applied to her face. Even when working out she looks well put together.

"Well are we going to start," she interrupts the silence.

"Yea, yea just give me a minute to actually wake up, I was up all night."

"I know I saw your latest edition rushing past me." She laughs at Lily, bringing me to smile at the moment that just occurred seconds ago. "I must say though," she adds while beginning to stretch, "I didn't consider Victoria secret models as your type." Adrianna says with a curious tone as if it's more of a question.

"Oh yea and what would you say my type is?" She look ups in contemplation and then comments, "I would imagine a girl that's a bit ditzy and plastic looking."

"So Barbie," I ask.

"Yea I guess so, but I guess I'm wrong." she says.

"Judging a book by its cover, Adrianna you should know better." She frowns sarcastically as she extends her arms out, for stretching.

"What a terrible person I am, if only you didn't do the same."

"Touche. And if you don't mind me asking what's your type Adrianna. You found out a fact about me so it's an even trade for you to disclose yourself for me."

Sitting on the floor she looks up at me with amusement. I look back and wait for her response. She isn't getting off easy this time. For a few seconds, neither of us blink, until finally Adrianna gives in. "Okay fine." She crosses her legs leans forward. Sitting down, I inched closer, eager to hear what she had to say. This woman has never been seen with another man on her arms out in public.

"My type is..." The ringtone from her phone interrupts the moment. Adrianna glances towards her phone and rolls her eyes in aggravation. Holding out her finger to signify a pause in our conversation she picks up the call.

"Hello?"

For a while Adrianna doesn't speak. The annoyed face wilted away to a calm reaction. Her face had no emotion. Still, she did not move a muscle and looked almost like a statue.She gazed off somewhere into the room. Finally speaking she said, "Yes," and then hung up.

"Who was that," I asked in hesitation. I didn't want to intrude on her space, but I didn't want to ignore what just happened.

"Nobody important," she says quietly while looking down at her phone. Before I couldn't make out how she was feeling but now it seems as though whoever was on the other line was someone who knew their way with words. Adrianna always gave off the impression that nothing bothered her, she was earnest and could put up her own walls. But now it appears as if maybe that isn't all true about her.

"Let's start, yeah," I ask trying to divert topics. She shakes her yes and walks to where I am.

"Okay, we will begin with some simple fighting techniques. I'm going to keep my hands out and you'll rotate with each hand hitting the opposite of yours."

"Are you sure about this," she asks, "I'm just asking because I don't want you to get hurt." And she's back to her usual self. She is unaware of it now but I've noticed on how with me she relaxes more. Refraining from her public image, she lets out an alternative persona to herself. Adrianna is funnier than one would think, and she can be quite sarcastic. There's also this hidden badass side to her, that I have yet to uncover.

"Please, a tiny woman like you wouldn't hurt me." She huffs in confidence and stands in a fighting stance. With each punch she excels quickly, surprising me. Pushing against my hands the rough contact gets stronger and faster. "Let's pick this up," she says.

"Are you sure?"

"Stop being a pussy, or I'm going to hit your face instead." Her profanity makes me laugh and stop for a moment. The words roll off her tongue effortlessly as if she uses this language all the time. Seeing that I find this humerus she pulls back her arm she readies herself to release until I halt her.

"Okay, okay. Were going to do the same technique except this time hit left, right, and then dodge. I'll try to hit in either direction, but don't worry I'll be gentle."

With that Adrianna begins. The difference between last time and now is that she is even more concentrated and sweat is starting to trail down her face. She picks up her pace slowly and gets on a roll. Smiling she gets cocky and starts taunting me.

"Haha you can't get me, I'm too fast for you old man."

Together we begin to move faster. The both of us picked up a fast paced rhythm. Left, right, dodge, left, right, dodge. Her verbal assaults playfully continued as well. Loudly, the hits from her fist to my palm were loud and echoing in the gym.

The once tight ponytail has now loosened, releasing strands of hair onto her face. Each piece makes its way towards her eyes. She tries to blow the stray hairs away, and when she finally can't take it she stops to move them. Unfortunately for her, I had gotten deep into our training that I hadn't released her pause. And before I knew it my fist was making contact with the left side of Adrianna's delicate face.