Chapter 2 - Brooks

The fiery brunette steps back to look at me with bewilderment. She quickly turns away and out of my sight in anger. As she walks away I am given a wide view of her full body. The gold dress she wears hugs all her delicious curves in all the right places. Her hips gracefully move side to side and leave me wondering what I were to uncover if I could just peel the dress off of her. When she is out of sight I laugh to myself and turn back to where I had originally been sitting before the game.

Tossing my winnings into the air only to land back in my hand, I can't help from forming the huge grin plastered on my face. I had only come here for some business tonight and am now leaving with an addition of six million dollars. When I saw the game about to commence I knew I had to jump in. It was easy money. Fortunately, Adrianna was unaware of who I was. I was not the typical business man who stands under the spotlight for the media twenty-four seven having my life played out. My life was pretty private, but public enough for people to know that I was not one to mess around with.

Unlike me everyone knew about Adrianna. First and foremost she is the daughter of the wealthiest family in the country, the Lunas. Their family practically owns everything from trading companies, to hotels, and well known brands. Not only does her family provide her with a great reputation but herself as well. Adrianna is the golden image for the media. She was the first of her class at Stanford University. From there she went on to create multiple organizations assisting wildlife, children in poverty, and for assisting aid to third world countries. Sweet, humble, wholesome, were all adjectives that were constantly described about her in magazines or interviews. But after tonight something tells me she might be just a little bit more than that.

"Hey man, where you been? You just missed a couple of hotties," Lorenzo comments at my arrival to one of the betting tables.

"Well if you had stopped drooling over all the woman here for 5 minutes you would have known that I just won 6 million." Dropping the chips into Lorenzo's hand he opens his mouth in shock.

"Dude, how and when?"

I laugh at his amazement and answer his questions, "With a little game of black jack."

Punching my arm, Lorenzo shouts, "That's your game. Who on earth thought they could challenge you. They must have been either stupid or have been living under a rock."

Thinking back to my competitor I quietly say, "Lets just say a little lady by the name Adrianna Luna thought she could challenge me." When I glance back at his face his eyes widen even more than before. If they were to get any bigger I'm sure they would pop right out.

"Adrianna Luna, little miss perfect was here? No way. Not possible. This isn't her scene."

"Well that's what I thought, but in the end who cares how I won the money. Let's get out of here, I'm done." As I say this I look around the room to find people are beginning to leave. All that will be left in a bit will be those who are shit-faced and who have no problem wasting tons here.

"Alright babe lets get the fuck out of here and back to my place," Lorenza shouts to the blond who stands a few feet away from him. He puts his arm around her waist and just as there walking out he turns to me and gives me the nod that signals not to disturb him the rest of the night. He had been seeing the girl for the last few weeks. She wasn't anything special to him, but just a good fuck. I felt bad because she seemed to like him and he was obviously going to drop her in a few days, if not tomorrow morning. But in the end they weren't my problem.

Walking out of the casino a few drunk men standing near the bar exhale a puff of smoke from a joint they were smoking. Slowly the smell fills my nostrils and invades my lungs, reminding me of a time when all I did was smoke and drink into oblivion. Those were the good old days but I don't miss them. They are the old days for a reason.

Finally exiting the stuffy casino the fresh air from the outside surrounds me. The stars are bright tonight and shine vividly.

Lorenzo is already to his car by the time I know it. I can hear the engine of his car pur. Yup, he is out of here. As I shake my head thinking of my crazy best friend I turn to find Adrianna digging through her purse with a frustrated look on her face.

"Well if it isn't the loser of the night, are you in need of more assistance on how to get your shit together?" I add comically to her.

When she looks up she instantly rolls her eyes. "Why are you still around me?"

"Are you looking for your keys?" I ask as she continues to play where's waldo for them.

"As a matter of fact yes, and your presence isn't helping me. It's rather annoying and bothersome," she comments while smiling at me. It's comical to me how delighted she is pictured when all I have experienced is sass.

"Found them," she shouts excitidy throwing her hand in the air.

When she begins to walk away I follow her. I'm not trying to be weird but I wanna be sure she gets to her vehicle safely and I'm curious as to what she drives. Okay, I'm lying I just wanna piss her off some more.

I'm a few steps behind her and every now and then she looks back to observe whether I'm still there or not. She slows down her pace and gazes at me. "What do you want from me?"

"Nothing," I simply say.

"Well, if it's nothing please leave me alone and don't ever bother me again."

The both of us remain silent besides sound of her heels clicking. She doesn't bother to converse with me anymore. Reaching her arm out she clicks the button of her car keys. When the car beeps and the lights flash on I discover that she is driving home in a black Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta. The girls got some taste. She's not another one of those snobby girls who drives a g-wagon.

Before she enters her car she stops herself and walks over to me. Crossing her arms she looks up at me and finally speaks. "You can go now and leave me be." But before I am able to add another snarky remark she steps closer, only inches from my body now. She points her finger at me and scowls, " But just know that because I let you win doesn't mean your any good at playing."

In the midst of our glaring a swarm of paparazzi turns the corner. They begin flashing their cameras and annoyingly asking their questions. I know that they are mostly here for her, the paparazzi is aware not to bother me. Adrianna gives me one last glare and quickly climbs into her car. Avoiding hitting anyone she safely gets away and is gone into the dark night

Once the media leaves all that's left is me and the beauty of the stars above me, except for some reason they don't seem as dazzling as before.