Chapter 1 - Adrianna

The bright lights from the machines, the sounds of chips hitting each other, and the aroma of alcohol and cigarettes were consuming me. With no clocks or windows present it was hard to predict what time it was. Nobody was in their right state of mind and would probably end up god knows where at the end of the night. This was not my typical scene, and my reason for being here would soon be revealed.

Standing in the corner of the casino near the bar I enjoyed my second martini. I closed my tab for drinks preventing myself from consuming anymore. My "friends" were somewhere around either already drunk or trying to catch a handsome suitor for the night.

When I glance down at my phone to check the time I discover that it's already 1 in the morning. I quickly throw my phone back into my bag and speed walk over to table 6. In the first 10 tables a game of Black jack will take place. And at this particular time my game would be starting in a few minutes. I had been waiting all night to play. I believed that the odds would be in my hand tonight. I hardly gambled but when I did, black jack was my game. I always won.

Approaching the green table, 4 of the seats are taken leaving me to sit at the right end of the table. My favorite spot. When I sit down I place my black Saint Laurent bag down beside me and glance over at the dealer. She gives me a quick nod signaling me she is about to start the game and begins to shuffle the cards. I cross my legs and clasp my hands together eager to begin. My competitors around me, all male, appear confident and cause me to laugh inside at their assurance in themselves.

Right as we are about to start a stranger approaches the table at the seat across from me. "Deal me in," he says while sitting down.

"I'm sorry but you can't play we have already started and 5 is enough for one game," I point out to the man. I can't quite identify him due to his use of sunglasses, but his presence is already annoying me. I don't get annoyed easily, but not only do I play with only 5 people each time causing him to ruin my game, but he is wearing sunglasses indoors. The stupidity of the man baffles me.

"Well sweetheart," he adds, "looks like there is an empty seat here and you can't stop me from playing." Once he finally finishes talking he takes of his shades to reveal a set of remarkable blue ocean eyes. The blond, almost fawn colored, pieces of his hair are held together perfectly by itself and are suiting to his complexion. His face structure is flawless and leaves me to wonder what the rest of him might look like. Shaking the thoughts away I entertain myself back to the game and my scenario.

I shake my head and begin to discuss my problem, "Thats where you're wrong. Your in my game and I only like to play with 5 people. Now I wouldn't like to ruin your night or mine so leave and get out of my sight." I cross my arms and am sure he is bound to leave.

He licks his lips and gives me a quick up and down glance. "Gentleman I believe little miss priss here is afraid to lose, and I would enjoy nothing more than to see that smug smirk on her face disappear."

My pride takes over and begins to talk for me, "fine, I wish you luck." With that the game begins.

Each of us place down $1,000,000 dollars. In a normal casino only $50,000 is allowed to be dealt with at a time, but I am in no ordinary casino. We are sitting in an underground casino for highly selective people. Placing down my only bet of the night I am ready. I never play more than one round, it's never needed

The dealer places down two cards for each of us. Carefully grabbing my set I find a queen and a 6. I make sure to not give off any facial expressions to give my competitors any hints. Silence fills the atmosphere and the sounds of slot machines go off in the distance.

"Hit me," I say to the dealer. All the men follow by saying the same thing. Three of the men huff in anger and notify me that I only need to get through 2 others. I am given a card worth 4. My total points are now 20. I had hoped to receive an ace earlier rather than a six, but this will do.

I feel confident and place my cards down. "Stay," I simply say ensuring the dealer that I am sure I am the closest to 21.

"Alright, are you sure you would not like another hit?" she asks in a monotone voice.

I nod my head yes and wait for the others to discover their loss. One of the men tries to split his cards and soon reveals he has lost. All that's left is me and the mystery man across from me.

"Stay," he says cooly. His tone allows me to believe he is new to this casino and that he trusts he has a chance against me.

When the dealer asks him the same question she asked me he answers no. The dealer flips my cards revealing a 20. I can already see the money in my hands and stand ready for the dealer to place the chips into my hand. "Another victory," I say to myself. I look around to all the raging men and find that the stranger is smirking at me.

"It's okay to admit you lost," I confidently bost, "just next time watch who your talking to."

Clapping slowly he tilts his head to the right and smiles. "You see I play fair and I admit to my losses, but as you can see I'm not a loser. You are my dear."

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. The other men began chuckling and eyeing me from the corner of their eyes. I keep my calm and when I finally looked down at his set of cards I find a King and an Ace. 21.

I can feel the anger boiling inside of me. That was supposed to be my card. This is all his fault I lost a million dollars. This is a percentage of a penny to me, but I was supposed to win. My parents have no account of me being here, but when they see a million gone from a stupid game they will be pissed off.

Before I can even respond the stranger walks over to me with his winning chips in hand. Now that I can see his full body I am even more mesmerized. The black suit he is wearing is tailored to perfection on him. He easily towered over me. Leaning down to my ear he whispers in a sexy tone, "A king and ace, what are the odds. I'm sorry to ruin your precious night, but you can join me if you like for what's left of my time here. Every king needs a queen."