Chapter 16

Scott and I had been fighting for almost two hours now.

I have learned two things about myself, I am very powerful. And that scares me.

I have also learned that claws come in handy when you're trying to defend yourself but they also hurt horribly when used on you.

Scott isn't holding back, which I can't say isn't a good thing. I need him to treat me like Laken would. I am positive he would not spare me a moment to catch my breath, and so I'm grateful when Scott doesn't.

As strong as I am, which I am, noting the broken tree I threw Scott into only moments earlier, Scott is much more experienced at dodging an attack.

And I can only assume that laken will be too.

Strength alone will not help in this fight.

That's when it hits me, I will most likely have to fight. This training isn't for nothing and the way my aunt and Derek were talking, I'm going to have to use it.

And that terrifies me.

Training is one thing, actually having to fight for my life is something else entirely.

"Bianca!" Scott snapsand suddenly I'm off my feet for what seems like the 40th time today.

"You aren't focusing."

"I'm sorry I have a lot on my mind."

Scott looks angry, and I think he's going to snap at me. But he doesn't he just clenches his fist, sighs and takes a long breath.

"Alright, that's enough for now. Shift back, I'll take you to your house."

I feel guilty for not focusing, because I know Scott is endangering his life and the lives of his friends to help me.

So I stop him halfway to the door.

I kiss his cheek smoothly and thank him again before making my way through the house to his car.

As he comes out to join me I can see a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

I try to hide my smirk as the others follow him out to Kira's car.

We make it to my aunts in less than ten minutes. I climb out and head into the house Malia and everyone else right behind me.

"Malia hey!" I call as everyone gathers in the living room.

She stops and turns toward me.

I start to apologize, but she stops me before I can even get the words out of my mouth.

"I get it, I had to go through some pretty big changes a while ago too"

I look at her quizzically and she smiles. "Lived basically my entire life as a coyote, then Scott and stiles turned me back into a human, long story."

I stared at her and smiled softly before making my way up the stairs. I needed a shower, thinking time was necessary right now.

And that fact that I smelled like I hadn't bathed in weeks, had me welcoming the hot water as it cascaded down my back.

I tried to clear all thoughts from my mind, anything and everything that had to do with recent events in my life out of my head.

But my mind, like tongue across teeth kept running over how Peter apparently knew my father and what exactly it was he was going to say before my aunt kept him off.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to place puzzle piece with puzzle piece and groaned when they just weren't fitting.

I sighed and ran my hands threw my hair, squeezing out the excess water that was there.

I let the water run over my face until a scraping sound had me shutting off the water and grabbing my towel.

"Scott?" I called into the foggy bathroom. "Is that you?" I stepped out of the shower, towel around my body tightly.

The scraping sound echoed in the silence again sand I frowned. "This is a very horrible joke!" I tried to sound frustrated and upset but my voice betrayed me and all that came out was utter fear.

"My my, Bianca, how you have grown." A voice behind me echoed and I gripped the towel tighter.

I turned to face my intruder.

I'd know those red eyes anywhere.

"Laken.." I whispered and before I could even think about what I was doing, I was screaming.

(I'm sorry this is short, thank you all for reading.
Much love 😘
Comment / vote please and thank you 😊 )