Chapter 5

Chapter 5

So at this point I'm sure Scott's completely crazy and I prepare to run.

But he still has a grip on my arm and it's really tight. So I decide to play his little game and hope to God he takes me home and there I'll let the police handle his psychotic self.

"Alright Scott, I believe you, your a werewolf but I'm not, so if you would just take me home now you can go on with your Wolfy ways"

He looks at me as if I'm crazy starts to talk but stops. "Why are you playing games?" He asks and I try my hardest not to show him I'm scared.

He lets go of my arm and turns back to his bike. "Seriously there's no way, I can smell you."

"Do I stink?" I ask trying to secretly smell myself, I was sure I put deodorant on this morning. "Stop trying to be funny." He says seriously. "I'm sorry, how can I not be?" I ask and he turns back to me "I know I'm not wrong!"

"Scott your really scaring me" I say hoping that my being scared will hopefully knock some sense into him. I don't think he actually wants to hurt me.

"Either you really aren't one or you just don't know."

"Scott please, just take me home!" I say stomping my foot. I realize how immature I am for this but I don't really care, I just want to go home.

He sighs "fine." He murmurs and hands me one of the helmets. "Just one question?"

"What?"

"Do the full moons ever bother you?"

"Never."

But my mind wanders back to the night when my mom was killed and I see the full moon outside my window again. There's no way he could of known about that. He probably meant the whole werewolf thing.

Full moons are what trigger them right.

If they existed.

"Scott just take me home, please." I take the helmet and climb on the bike behind him. He looks back and smiles weakly "I'm sorry." He States and the bike roars to life and we're off.

The bike ride was extremely awkward because I didn't know if I should hold onto him, but I didn't want to fall off either. We get close to my house and I tap him on the shoulder letting him know to stop. The bike slows down and he parks.

I hop off and immediately head to the house but his hand grabs my arm and he jerks me back, i stumble a bit and the look on his face tells me he didn't mean to be so rough. "Hey can we keep tonight's conversation to ourselves please?"

I nod and he lets go of my arm "I'm sorry" he says and I can tell he means it.

I head into the house and wait until I hear him pull off. "AUNT BRENDA!" I scream and she fumbles out of the bathroom with some weird green stuff all over her face.

"What-"

"Nothing what's wrong?" She said coming down the steps. "There are some freaky people here!" I say and her eyes go wide.

"What? What happened?" she looks relatively concerned and I have absolutely no idea why. "did you talk to any strangers?" She asks stepping closer.

"No!" I say locking the door.

"What happened?" She asks again and I can see her face turn from concerned into just plain worry.

"This guy that knows Lydia was giving me a ride ho-"

"WHAT!" She says and grabs my arm "I told you not to talk to strangers, I don't care who they are don't talk to them and you definitely don't let them drive you home!"

There's anger in her voice and her grip on my arm is starting to become painful. "Aunt Brenda your hurting me!" I say and her grip loosens but she doesn't drop her hand.

"He's not a stranger lydia knows him!" I say in my defense. "And you know lydia so well?" She says sarcastically.

"Alright I'm sorry."

"What happened?" She says placing one hand on her hip and the other on her head. My aunt may not have any children but her motherly instincts are through the roof.

I start laughing and walk into the kitchen "this is where it gets weird" I say knowing know if I tell her that he stopped on a dirt road she's going to freak out. But if I don't tell her, she'll freak out anyway and assume the worst.

"He accused me of being a werewolf" I say and start laughing hysterically. "That dude has some issues."

I stop laughing and realize that it's silent. My aunts not laughing and I don't think she ever did. "Why aren't you laughing?" I say as I turn around and I notice her face, It's solid as a stone, she didn't even crack a smile.

"What that's hilarious right, don't worry I'll definitely be staying away from him!"

She folds her arms and opens her mouth then closes it.

"Who was it?" She asks and I furrow my eyebrows, "it's no big deal, he was probably joking, like a new kid in school prank or something."

But then I think back to how I was genuinely scared and think maybe she has a right to be worried. "Who was it?!" She asks again and my smile fades. "His name is Scott McCall, but-" I stop when I see her face when I mention his name.

Her eyes don't spell out fear, more of respect.

What the hell is going on.

"The ring isn't working all the way.." She mutters and I'm completely confused at this point.

"What?"

She turns back to me and her mouth is in a firm line. "I thought I wouldn't have to do this, I thought we could live a normal life, but I guess that isn't possible, if he knows then I'm assuming everyone else does too."

I blink at her "what the heck are you talking about Brenda."

"We need to talk Bianca."