Chapter 19

I'm searching through my bag for something to wear because when I packed I imagined running shoes and maybe some flexible, ready to fight pants.

But I didn't imagine I would need date clothes. Wait, this was a date, right?

I mean what if it was just a friendly, you've been working really hard and you deserve a day off that I just so happen want to spend with you" kind of thing.

Where was he even taking me, what was I supposed to wear?

I threw the shirt in my hands onto the bed and sighed. "This sucks!" I mutter and I hear a chuckle come from the doorway.

"What's so funny?" I ask bitterly and I see my aunt flinch. I try to cover it up with a semi friendly smile, because I know how hard it been for her.

"I remember helping your mother get ready for her first date with your father." She says smiling.

I smile, imagining my parents falling in love. I wish I could see that now.

"I'm not even sure it's a date." I say shifting through my clothes again.

"I've seen the way that boy looks at you. It's a date sweetie, I mean he is your anchor after all" she says smirking.

"Oh shut up, he helped me stay calm once" and then I remember my first change and correct myself "twice, he just... Helps that's all."

She walks over to me, that annoying smile still on her face and picks up a royal blue top with some faded jeans.

"These were always my favorites on you, not too dressy but not too casual, Scott should love it. And you look amazing in blue" She plants a kiss on my forehead and goes to leave.

"Aunt Brenda?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry.."

"Me too, sweet b"

I pull the top over my head and slide the jeans on, adding some jewelry for effect, I realize that my aunt was right. I really do look good in blue.

"Just make sure you treat her righ-" I walk into the living room and Scott's waiting for me by the door.

My aunt in his ear, has just stopped talking and is now smiling brightly at me.

"Oh god aunt Brenda, really the talk?"

She nods and smirks "gotta let Scott know who he has to deal with if he hurts even a tiny little hair on your precious little head."

She kisses my head and whisks us out the door.

"Sorry about her." I say my cheeks heating up at the way Scott is staring at me.

"It's okay, she cares. And she's not that scary"

"You know she can probably still hear you" I say chuckling. He grabs my hand and fear flashes across his face.

"We should probably go."

We make our way to his bike and I slip on the helmet. "Safety first kids, helmet hair later" I mutter and Scott laughs.

Werewolf super hearing, I forgot.

As we ride down the road I realize I'm nervous, one because, oh my god I'm going on a date, two, a date with Scott.

And three, laken can attack at any time.

I honestly don't know which one scares me more.

We pull up to a path and I recognize it. "Scott why are we here?" I ask and jump off the bike.

It's the path that leads to the field we talked in when he drove me home. Before I knew about my nonhuman abilities.

"Your first impression of this place wasn't exactly amazing, figured I'd give you a better image of it."

He lifts up the back compartment of his bike and pulls out a basket. Oh my god, he's doing a romantic picnic.

I laugh and he shoots me a knowing glare.

"Shut up, it's cute."

"Didn't say it wasn't, just didn't think macho wereman Scott McCall would do something like this."

"I think you'll come to find I'm very romantic" he says pulling me close. My smile is gone now and I can feel his breathe on my lips.

I want so badly to reach out and touch him but I'm terrified, his hand intertwines with mine and he whispered something so low, that I barely pick it up.

"You're really beautiful you know that?"

My breathe catches in my throat and it takes me about five minutes, or what I assume is five minutes because I have no idea anymore, to start breathing again.

He slowly backs away and picks up the basket again, keeping a hand in mine.

"We'll take it slow" he says and leads me to the field.

We're there for hours, as for what seems like days, talking about nothing and everything.

It seems really easy with Scott, which is weird because I honestly thought I would swallow my tongue at the first word I tried to speak.

Eventually it starts to get dark and we decide to pack up.

"I had an amazing time Scott, thank you" I say and he smiles "me too"

I lean up and kiss his cheek. I see the redness swell in his features and I smile to myself.

"Well tomorrow is training again, so be prepared."

"Yes, sir!" I say in my best military voice.

The ride back is silent, my hands around Scott's torso and my cheek against his back.

We make our way up the steps and open the door to Derek's loft, "hey everyone we're ho-"

"Sheriff Riley?!?"

"Sweet B!"