Chapter 22

Autumn kneels in front of me with more food. "Please eat." She whispers.

I turn away from her and I hear the tray hit the ground lightly.

"Do not coddle her. She doesn't want to eat, fine. She won't starve to death before we are ready." I hear from upstairs.

I start to wonder how someone related to my father could possibly be so evil.

And I think no. He's not related to my father, he's not our family. Hes nothing.

"Just make this easier please."

I look at her one last time and I see the pleading in her eyes. there's a hint of something else pooling there.

And somehow I trust her.

I take the sandwich from her hand and bite into it, chewing slowly.

"I want my ring back." I say and she widens her eyes, puts a finger to her lips and nods slowly.

I nod in understanding, she's planning something. And while I have no reason to trust her for some odd reason I do.

She stands up, kicks my foot, dusts off her pants and makes her way upstairs.

I stare at her like she's lost her mind, I try to move my foot and realize she's placed something under it.

"Oh my god" I whisper. A Key. Its a key.

I scramble to pick it up, trying to be as quiet as possible. If I try to escape now I know he'll hear me.

Plus I'm in no condition to run or fight right now.

I will wait, until whatever he gave me wears off. I spend the next half hour finishing the food she gave me.

It tastes awful but I figure, why give me a key if she just planned on poisening me?

I hear things start to move upstairs and I figure now's my chance. This is the most noise they've made all night. Or is it day? I'm really not sure.

K pick the key up and slide it into the lock, the effects of whatever drug they gave me is wearing off quickly and I figure autumn may have helped with that.

The lock comes undone and I stand, shakily at first, but by the time I make it to the first step I'm alright.

Something hits me as I take a step forward. I will have to fight. He won't let me go without a fight.

I am completely terrified, but I know i can't let him know that. I will try to make it as far as I can without being noticed.

I grab the steps and swing myself forward, trying to make as little sound as possible.

I make it to the stop and open the door. It screetches loudly and I hiss. I should've known it wouldn't be this easy.

"Damn it" I curse.

I hear footsteps coming and I rush into the hallway.

Laken is standing there with autumn and he wastes no time coming after me.

I stand like Scott taught me and pray the moves I use are enough to at least subdue him.

I place my foot forward and block the first blow he sends towards me.

I reach around and jab him in his side. When he doubles over I punch him in the jaw.

As I bring my fist back though he grabs it and wrenches me into his chest. "I told you" he says breathless "to be good, you just can't seem to listen."