Chapter 3

I Decided that going to the game probably wasn't a good idea. But I also made the mistake of telling my aunt about it.

So a few hours later I find myself in front of my bathroom mirror trying to tame the frizz monster that is my hair.

Damn heat.

I glance up and my hand shoots toward my eyes, which just a second ago were crimson red.
They have flickered back to their original chocolate orgin and my hand falters.

Maybe it was just a trick of the light.

I grab a ponytail holder and throw my hair up into a messy bun, deciding that I really dont care how I look.

I run down the stairs and my aunts eyes roam over me. She smiles softly, "you look beautiful" she says tiredly.

"Thanks!" I said ringing my fingers together. I'm really not ready for the public interaction that comes with the game.

"Honey, you don't have to go, I'm sorry if im pushing you into anything."

I stare at her, I can see the guilt in her features and I sigh.

"I know aunt brenda, its okay, I'll be fine"

She eyes me again and I realize that she's not buying it.

"I'm fine really, Lydia is gonna be there and malia, she's really nice too, its gonna be fun" I say with he best smile I can fake playing on my lips.

"Are you sur-"

I grab her arm and haul her toward the car. I want to take her offer, I want to stay home.

But I know I can't, or more that I shouldn't.

She only wants what's best for me and if that means going to a stupid lacrosse game for a couple hours then so be it.

If it makes her happy, or even less stressed, I'm for it.

We pull up in front of the school and I hop out, I grab my jacket and give her a small smile.

"Call me if anything happens. Anything." She says suddenly serious.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and almost as quickly she back to her bubbly demeanor.

"Have fun!"

I close the door and give her a half smile, still confused from her sudden change in attitude.

She seemed worried.

I walk towards the field. I spot Lydia about ten feet in front of me.

"Bianca!" She calls when she catches sight of me. "Over here!" He waves me over and I walk to where they're standing.

"I'm really glad you came." Lydia says and malia shoots me a smile.

"Yeah me too." I say smiling.

Lydia takes my arm and we walk to the bleachers, well i should say bounce because lydia has the energy of a small child.

That when I catch sight of him and I automatically start fingering my ring.

Habit, I suppose.

Or complete and utter nervousness.

Scott eyes me and I can see the same look from earlier. Not hate but curiosity, deadly curiosity, with something else. Fear maybe, I cant tell but that's what it feels like, like he's scared of me.

We take our seats and the game begins. I start to notice that Scott is unbelievably good.

Stiles, well after a while I start to wonder why he's on the field.

However I stay quiet because his completely love sick girlfriend is sitting right next to me.

Malia chuckles and Lydia and I turn to face her. "What's funny?" Lydia asks smiling.

"Do you have a clue what's going on?" She asks me and my cheeks flush, I must've looked so lost.

"Not really, I know next to nothing about this game." I admit and Lydia smacks me lightly .

"Why didn't you say anything?"

She then proceeds to explain exactly what's going on. As she's talking I have the urge to ask her exactly how Scott is carrying the entire team.

He's amazing.
Inhuman actually.

The game finally ends, our schools' team winning.

Lydia flings herself into stiles arms and kisses him full on the mouth.

"Wait for me?" He asks and she nods "of course."

He walks away with Scott and Lydia turns to me "we're all going out for pizza, you should come!"

I inwardly sigh, I really just wanted to go home and sleep.

I go to tell her that I'm just not up for it when malia pipes up "you really should."

I find the words tumbling out of my mouth before I realize I'm saying them

"Yeah sure, just let me call my aunt!"

They nod and turn toward Kira, who is also really good at lacrosse, congratulating her on the win I guess.

I take my phone out of my back pocket and dial my aunts number.

"Hey is the game over already?" She says sleepily.

"Hey, yeah. I was just calling cause some friends Invited me out for pizza, I was wondering if it was cool if I went?"

I sort of hope she'll say no but I know she won't.

Which is why I'm surprised by her next choice of words.

"Of course sweetie, just be careful!"

Its not her words but the way he says them, like she's worried.
"I will, thanks!"

I hang up, confused, and turn to tell Lydia that I can go when I smack into a familiar face.

Its the girl from class, the one with the fascination for my ring. "Oh hey" I say and she smiles "hi, I just saw you standing here and realized I didn't exactly get to introduce myself earlier, I'm autumn!" She says holding out her hand.

"Nice too meet you" I say awkwardly shaking her hand.

Lydia runs up to me lacing her arm through mine. "Ready?" She asks and then turns to autumn.

"Hi" autumn waves and then turns to leave "see ya around Bianca."

I go to ask her if shed like to come with us but I figure she wouldn't anyway and Lydia is already dragging me toward her car.

The pizza place isn't very far from the school but the silence in the car makes it seem like it takes forever.

We pull in and everyone crowds inside.
Apparently the rest of the school had the same idea because its packed.

"Hey Bianca" stiles says.

"Hey congrats on your game."

He smiles and gives me a thumbs up.

I eat my slice of pizza in silence listening to the conversation around me. Scott and liam are talking about the game, kira amd malia are talking about something I cant make out and stiles and lydia are in their own little world.

I peer out the window and that's when i see it. Its faint and i have no idea how i can see so clearly with how dark it is and all the trees in front of him.

Its a man, and i swear his eyes are red.