Chapter 10

I stare at sheriff Riley with confusion plastered on my face.

"She didn't tell you-" he asks but is cut off by someone screaming his name.

My head whips in the direction of the voice and my entire world shakes. An officer just walked into Riley's office holding a body.

My moms body.

"NO!"

I jolt out of bed and my aunt is there holding me down "Bianca, BIANCA stop!" She yells and I whimper finally calming myself as I realize it was just another horrible dream.

I burst into a fit of tears and curl up into a ball, hugging my pillow for dear life. It was the same dream as the other night, as all of the other nights.

My mom told me to run and when I didn't she made me.

And like the coward I was I didn't run right back and do everything I possibly could to save her.

I sob into the pillow as my aunt runs soothing circles across my back. She's shushing me and telling me everything's going to be okay, But I can hear the sadness and tiredness that's echoing in her voice.

And now upon my guilt for letting my mother be murdered, as I had just recently found out, I had the guilt of ruining my aunts life.

She didn't deserve this.

"I-I'm Sorry" I choke out and suddenly she's wide awake. "Oh sweety you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for."

She continues to rub circles along my back, I guess she hoped to calm me down.

But all it did was work me up more. I was suddenly very pissed. I had no idea what had come over me but I jumped up and growled.

I had never felt such intense anger before.

Why the fuck did this have to happen to me, why my family, why did I have to ruin everything?

I could feel it happening again and I heard my aunts voice whispering to calm down.

I couldn't calm down though, I was trying so hard but nothing was working.

I tried to find my anchor, I thought of every happy thing that had ever had a place in my life but nothing was working.

I could feel my claws digging into my skin and I became terrified. What if I hurt my aunt?

I looked down at my ring and realized it was completely useless now, it wasn't stopping this at all.

In a fit of pure rage I flung it off and out the window. "Bianca calm down, remember what Scott said "find your anchor."

At the mention of Scott's name I felt my heart slow down rapidly and my whole body slightly relax, I guess my aunt did too because the next thing I knew she was on the phone and standing two feet away from me.

"Just say her name" she whispered into the phone. And that's when I heard it. "Bianca, calm down, it's okay" Scott said in a sleepy voice.

I felt the weight on my shoulders lesson and I fell to the floor, my hands were normal again and I focused all of my energy on Scott's voice, because, I have no idea why, it was helping, so much.

"Say something else Scott, just talk to her"

My aunt placed the phone next to me and stepped away, I was on my hands and knees trying to calm my breathing. This wasn't completely over yet and I think she knew that.

"Bianca" Scott whispered and I could tell he was fully awake now.

I suddenly felt very guilty, I wasn't just waking up my aunt, now it was Scott too? I had to learn to control myself.

"Hey scott" I managed to get out from between clenched teeth.

"Bianca just focus on my voice, listen to me, I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere until your okay"

I could feel every muscle in my body go suddenly still and I was grateful that the shaking had stopped.

I focused on each word that came out of the phone speaker and eventually I collapsed on the floor, not being able to hold my own weight anymore.

"Bianca?" Scott asked suddenly, I guess he heard the bump.

I had interrupted his long speech about the stars and how he had named a few and maybe we could hang out and he'd tell me just what and why he named them.

My breathing was labored but I was okay.

I suddenly realized what had just happened and my eyes snapped to my aunt who was sitting in the corner listening to our conversation, or at least Scott's side of it, I didn't say much.

She had a small smile on her lips and I felt a huge wave of embarrassment sweep over me.

I snatched the phone from the floor "thank you scott goodbye" I hung up quickly and laid on my bed.

"I'm fine now you can go back to sleep" I said and closed my eyes without another word.

A few minutes later I heard my aunt close my door.

What the hell just happened?