Wild Card - Part 2

Start from the beginning

The only reason i was giving him the time of day was to reap that massive pile of poker chips he had there. All the people he had crushed to obtain it-he would surely throw a temper once he lost.

"Four-hundred thousand," I declared, pushing out my poker chips towards the center of the table. This was hardly the first table and i was already feeling more than eager, win or lose I'd still be getting that orgasmic high.

"I'll call." He answered, pushing out four-hundred thousand from his chips, all while a lurking leer danced proudly against his face.

The dealer claimed the chips, tossing down 3 of hearts, 3 of spades, and 7 of diamonds. I store at the cards for far longer than I'd honestly like to admit but ultimately spoke up.

"Seven hundred," I replied, feeling the vaguest slither of fear irk from the pit of my stomach. It didn't fundamentally worry me, after all, what would gambling be without that shrill scare right?

"C bet all call." —was his draw. It was quickly becoming quite suspenseful.

The dealer added in a king.

"Check" I called.

"1.7 million." The man called anew, this time beaming as though he had just done a deed worth recognition. He laid the poker chips in the center of the table and the dealer seized them yet again.

"call" I rejoined

The queen of diamonds was added to the laid deck of cards.

"check," I called

15 minutes later...

It was hot...

More people were pulled into our little match than before. The fur coat i wore so boastfully, was now off as i leaned forward into the chair. So set on winning that the heat wasn't even as vexatious as it should have been.

I'd been silent for a while now, working up what my next move would be, and that's when he disrupted my thoughts.

"You understood what you were getting yourself into принцесса(princess). Now pick yourself up and deal!?" His voice was like a taunting echo resonating inside my head like a provoking parasite. He sounded so American, i never would've figured him to be Russian.

Gone were the sounds of cards whirring in the hands of dealers, The bells and whistles of the various slot machines, and the racketing noise of their levers being pulled. It was just us me and him— being observed by more people than my eyes could count. My hands kept my head up as i store into my lap, pending on what I'd do next— what i could do.

But then just like that, it all snapped into place like led light connectors. This double-dealing mother fucker didn't have a king.

"You don't have a king," I asserted, leveling out my back. My hands now joined unitedly as i leaned into the table. "You'd have re-raised pre-flop, and you're never riding in on a queen encase i have the king." How stupid did he think i was?

"What are you going on about." He asked, appearing rather shifty.

"I think you're on a gutshot four five or five-six and i think you were trying to bully me, but bullies, in the end, are always devastated when they're called out."I finished. "—Forget it. Call." I declared, catching the crowd gasp as though i had done the most ungodly feat.

The man seemed fairly dumbfounded but nonetheless gave in as i watched him drop four of hearts and five of hearts. The mob gasping once again.

"10 of spades and 9 of diamonds."

He reared up in an absolute rage, thrusting his chips in a pile. The throbbing vain bound onto his forehead practically rupturing from his temple as he glared me down, eyes bloodshot and fists clenched. He marched towards me with a keen appetite for violence but was promptly prevented by a towering figure in a black Canali suit, pointing a silver Glock to his head.

I groaned in deeply as i settled back into my chair, already having a good idea of who it was. I zeroed in on Dahlia and Blair but those bitches were out of there like a light.

Some friends i fucking have.

"Back up." The man in the Canali suit warned, but to my surprise, he sounded nothing like the voice i didn't know i so longed to hear. It wasn't like anything I'd ever heard before either but, held a gentler kind of authority still very much to be feared— very far from his.

I'm not sure what was going on through the other dude's mind, but the fucker tried pulling out a gun, and as I'm sure you can already imagine- was directly shot dead before his hands ever even reached his pocket.

I stood there, eyes practically darting out their sockets as the man's gaze shot to me, to which i swiftly spun around.

Shit!

* * * * * * * * *

This was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to write. Hopefully it makes sense lol. Also I'm so sorry for being such an inconsistent witter. I don't mean to take so long to update, but I've been feeling particularly lazy lately.  

Hope you understand and thanks for reading love!!!